Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

the first hours

10 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well are u smoke free yet?? Let us know keep us informed we are to help
10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Cary, 

What are your main triggers?  What have you found most challenging and most helpful in your quit this week?
Here for you,
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 6 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
stoped 5days ago the trigers are hard i feel like im out of my mind cary
10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Lila!!!

Welcome and congratulations for taking the steps to regain your freedom!  One thing that I am happy that you have learned is to not quit quitting!    Most everyone here has had to re-quit and learn how to quit.  I do know that if you want to quit more than you want to smoke, you WILL succeed!  

I see that you are going through the sessions in the Program!  Good for you!  The program is very well thought out and is a good companion to the Alan Carr program!  Also, read and learn from your new Quit Buddies here on the Forums!  There is a wealth of information here on almost any topic you can think of.  If you have a question, just ask!  We have all been in your shoes and have collectively smoked probably millions of cigarettes!  We're all here to support you!

Be sure to think about a good reward program!  Rewards are good and do help very much in the mental battles you will have with your nico-demon!  And also remember to think Positive!  The nico-demon loves a new quitter with a negative attitude!  Keep smiling your way to victory and freedom!!! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,002.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1053 Hours: 4

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 23

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Thanks a lot for you responses!! I haven't been able to quit but I have managed to cut every day the number of cigarettes, by halve. Today I’m in 5 and I was just about to light another one and decided to go to web page and read your comments.

As Kristine said and answering to Ashley the first days are the most difficult. I ve learned in this process that the physical symptoms are not your worse enemy, is your head playing this games with you: hey! You are still young, you can keep smoking for some years and try later… I’m also afraid of not knowing what to do without a cigarette and so on

But in the other hand, even if I’m smoking a quarter than last week, I’m confident is still to much, and that I want to keep cutting until I’m free.

What im doing, is have a bottle of water by me al day and mint gum. Also, something I learned from Allen Carr course is that each time you think: mmm I want to smoke a delicious cigarette, its only the way your brain interprets the nicotine craving, so we smokers live in “withdraw”. But of you wait, the craving each time does not last more than two minutes. So I’m trying to stick to this thought.

Thanks again and ill settle a date for this week to quit definitely.

L.

10 years ago 0 11209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome!

Wow, I would have never guessed you're not a native speaker!

Good for you for deciding to try again. All of those previous quits were priming you for your final quit. You learned something each and every time you tried. What do you think were the most important lessons you learned that will be helping you now?

Ashley, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 152 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome Lila!!!

I am also a new quitter, on my 42nd day.  You will meet many long term, very wise quitters here.  I recommend yo really follow the program, it works :)  Plus there are many good threads to read and learn from.  IMO Attitude is one of the most important components.  Believe in Yourself, do it for Yourself, you are Worth it!

We are here to help you, because any quit is a good quit!!!

10 years ago 0 54 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Lila, and welcome! I quit from just about the same place as you -- I'm in my thirties, smoked a pack or so a day, and have tried four times before. This time I did it cold turkey after trying just about everything else in the past. I'm on day 17, so not nearly as far into it as some of the really amazing folks you will meet here, but past the withdrawal part, at least.

The first three days were definitely the worst for me. By the third day I was already catching myself not thinking about smoking for long periods of time. Because I wasn't using gum or the e-cig or the patch or candy or anything else to get me through, I drank liters and liters of water. I was seriously peeing every thirty minutes. It sounds silly but I recommend it -- it gives you something to move to your mouth with your hand in that old pattern, and getting up to pee all the time keeps you from going crazy trying to sit still without smoking. 

At this point it has gotten a lot easier. I have already developed some nice new routines instead of my old smoking routines, and I can really feel and see the improvement in my health. I smell really nice all the time and my skin looks so great compared to how it used to. I never realized how oxygen-starved I used to look. My cheeks are so freaking rosy now, and I swear my hair actually looks shinier and bouncier! For rewards I am buying myself things like good-smelling conditioner and fancy new facewash. I know vanity isn't the most important reason to quit, but you won't believe how quickly you can actually see changes in your appearance that you can feel good about.

I know how hard it can seem in those first few hours but it gets a lot easier really quickly. By the third or fourth day you'll be wondering why you didn't do this a long time ago. Good luck and keep coming back to post when you need advice or just to feel less alone!
10 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lila, Welcome to the support group.
You've come to the right place. This is a great support group..and the program isn't bad either..
See in the forum boards..

Red..

10 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi everyone, I am new to this program. I’m in my early 30ties and smoked a pack a day for 15 years. I decided to smoke my last cigarette yesterday, and only lasted 17 hours. This is the forth time I try. The first one was with electronic cigarettes and I ended up smoking both; the second time I went to Allen Carr, 8 hours of group therapy ending with and “hypnosis”, I was exited but only lasted for 15 hours; the third time I took champix, after a couple of weeks of struggle I managed to stop smoking for almost two months, then I fooled myself thinking that I was the kind of persons that could smoke occasionally… ive been smoking again for the past three months all day long…

I just moved to the USA and decided to try again (cigarettes cost three times of what I used to pay, and don’t know smokers at all, I think that will help).

Someone told me that would be helpful to have a support group, so here I am.

Just wanted to talk about it and don’t feel so lonely in the journey.

P.s (I’m not native English speaker, sorry for the mistakes).  

Reading this thread: