Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,656 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Julia725, RFULLERO, OJOIZA ALTHEA, PKENNETH LANCE, JSABAS

What do you want - Getting to know members

12 years ago 0 168 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I want to continue working at my current place of employment, still learning and building experience so I can contribute even more.

I want to remain with my current partner and eventually purchase a summer cottage on Lake Winnipeg, Manitoba, together.

I want to be able to return home to St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, at least twice annually - once during the summer and once during the Christmas break.

I want to do more to help animals. My two cats came from a shelter and I'd like to be able to support them more financially - or with my time (though they don't need any volunteers).

I want to do more to help new immigrants. I've attended several Citizenship Ceremonies where immigrants to Canada are granted citizenship. It always makes my eyes water and there's so much we can do to support them. For example, new neighbours of mine are a young couple from Bosnia. They happened to buy a house next to where a shooting took place earlier this week. They were absolutely horrified. The woman said, "I'm disgusted by Winnipeg. We left to get away from violence - and we at least were fighting for our lives, for freedom. This is over nothing? Some drugs, some gang? We never experienced violence without purpose. We want to move." But instead we decided to get together more often, get to know our other good neighbours and build a better sense of community to try to prevent these sorts of incidents in the future. Those sorts of things are important.

I want to repay my parents some of the money they've invested in me, hahaha! Hopefully with a nice trip or something equally big.

And I want to always be an ex-smoker so I can be happier, healthier and wealthier! 
12 years ago 0 11218 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome to the 4th Getting to Know Members thread.  If you are just joining us feel free to post your thoughts and say hello.  These threads are a great place to start.  The purpose of these threads is to get to know members as individuals and not as their disorder or addiction. After all, you are much more than your addiction!
The question for this week:
What do you want your life to be? Your goals? How would a week look? A month? A year?

Ashley, Health Educator

Reading this thread: