Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,503 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Ww12, Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr

Making Changes

13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm very rarely afraid to make a change. However, I'm often too lazy to make changes. I've found that if I don't decide the outcome of things ahead of time, I often get pleasantly surprised. I often can do things that I didn't know I could. Change, though, requires a lot of energy, and I don't always have it. So when I get some momentum going I usually have to hang onto it for dear life, because making a major change again may not come for years. Now I also realize that I'm getting old and some things are not going to come as easy as they used to, such as weight loss. Therefore, it is important that I understand nutrition and exercise to maintain my weight. I'm also using exercise to maintain my quit from smoking. In short, I can't exercise and smoke. Hopefully, if exercising ever becomes difficult for me, I'll have other coping skills and support solidly in place.
13 years ago 0 653 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Members,

Let's talk about change. Have you heard the old adage: the devil you know is better than the devil you don't? Has that idea ever factored into your decision to avoid making changes to your lifestyle, or more specifically, the issue you are dealing with on this site? Also, there is the fear of failure when you make big changes to your life. The pressure of fear can prevent you from even taking the first step, or perhaps 'allow' you to give up at the first challenge so as to relieve that pressure. Then there are friends and family and everyone else that you tell about your impending change. How they respond can make a difference to how you perceive the change and/or your ability to make it happen successfully!

Feel free to share your stories about how you have dealt with your desire to change, successes and challenges.

• Quit Meter

$79,464.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5539 Hours: 19

Minutes: 17 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: