Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

biggest Loser

14 years ago 0 410 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Interesting leelaknight!
When I smoked I sure didn't care about a show for the biggest quitter. I was happy to keep the world at bay with my little blue smoke screen. When I decided I wanted something better out of life, I had to learn to live in the real world and put out my crutch. Today when I run into people I haven't seen in a while they tell me I look great (so even my outsides are looking better). Quiting was the hardest and yet the best thing I could have ever done for me. You can do this!
cameless

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 12/17/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 850
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 21,250
Amount Saved: $7,065.63
Life Gained:
Days: 166 Hrs: 10 Mins: 12 Seconds: 58

14 years ago 0 11216 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Leelaknight,

This can be a controversial topic that can generate a lot of discussion.  That is good.

I know that one member here discussed a reality TV program in the UK that follows celebrity's journeys though quitting.  They have therapists and life coaches and so forth.  There is also a lot of resources out there for quitters today.  You really don't have to go through this alone.

Members, what are your thoughts?

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 98 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ok. i admit..I'm an addict. of a tv show...as well..
hahahaha
but it is one of those shows that i used to watch eat and smoke cigs during the commercials...i watched it, because i use to sit and watch 500lb people make their lives better!  i was envious as a smoker (and pretty light weight compared).
I thought damn if they can make their lives better, be healthy...why can't i just quit and do the same thing?
this season, i know that two of the contestants were smokers... one was the guy who is the most motivating and now the smallest... half way through this season i quit...i just watched an episode via hulu :) and you know what, instead of wishing i was like them....after 33 days... i am actually turning into one of them!!! screw the weight part... it's about getting healthy!  it's a movement!  now if smokers were just treated with the kind of warmth and respect that overweight people are...sorry if i am insulting anyone here but i look at adds with dirty lungs all the time but no adds about the damage 150 extra lbs does to a body.  As smokers, were are told we are bad, stupid, addicts...god why smoke???  but the other preventable disease get a reality tv show... no wonder it sucks to quit... i am still proud that i did but i wish i got to have trainers to help me power exercise through this quit... just cause i am not heavy does not mean i am healthy!!!  i need those people just as much- the only difference- it does not show on the outside that my insides are falling apart...
ok daily rant done, phew out of system thank you! geeze :)

My Mileage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2010
Smoke-Free Days: 34
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 850
Amount Saved: $425.00
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 15 Mins: 35 Seconds: 33

Reading this thread: