Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,537 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Online Support Community

15 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Welcome freeatlast!

We strongly encourage you to prepare for your quit using the program. Quitting smoking is not only a habit, it's an addiction. This program is going to help you plan how to deal with cravings and more importantly teach you how to replace this old habit with a new one.

You'll also need to put into place a reward system. It should have three components: small one for after each craving, medium for the end of each smoke-free day and a bigger one for the end of each smoke-free week.

Start reading through the forums, you'll quickly realize that many have felt just as you do now and they are now non-smokers. You'll also be able to find a lot of tips and tricks to help you along the way.

Good luck & check back soon!

Great sugestions Lainey!

Ashley, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Freeatlast, Congratulations on quitting! Of course being in a different place is very helpful when quitting. But take it a step further. Here is a big tip for you to help you continue your quit when you get home. Immediately change some things around at your home, rearrange the furniture in the spot where you smoked. Change your morning routine so that the habit of smoking at a certain time or place is changed. Our brains are so used to our smoking routines, and changing it up, even juts a little bit,  really, really does fool the brain, and really does help minimize the cravings.
Another tip is to avoid booze and smoking people for a while, until you feel stronger in your quit!
You can do this. Read all you can here, it will help you so much!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 710
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 17,750
Amount Saved: $7,490.50
Life Gained:
Days: 94 Hrs: 1 Mins: 24 Seconds: 7

15 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is my first time here, I quit smoking Jan 29th 2009.  I am using Chantix and it is helping. I decided to quit while we are away from home for the month, staying in Dauphin Island , Alabama. I wanted to be in a different enviorment and away from my normal routine so I could start a new routine.  I just hope I am able to stay quit once I return home.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/29/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 14
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 280
Amount Saved: $54.46
Life Gained:
Days: 2 Hrs: 0 Mins: 2 Seconds: 10

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dear Members,
Do you feel like you’re in this all alone? You don’t have to be. Chances are many of your friends, family members and co-workers would also like to quit smoking. Let the people around you know what you’re doing and maybe you’ll have a new walk partner at lunch instead or smoke partner or a new friend to share your rewards with.  If the people around you aren’t interested, introduce yourself here and connect with other members online. 

Having support through this kind of journey is really important and will help you stay motivated throughout. Your chances of success also increase when you have the support of friends and family. So connect with others in your community or online and quit smoking!
Karen, Health Educator

Reading this thread: