Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Teen Smoking

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Strangely enough, the day I went to the Smoking Cessation Clinic at  my doctors surgery I passed two teenage boys in the road that I live in.
One boy was slightly older than the other (maybe 12 and 14) and he helped the younger boy light up.
I could tell from the way the younger boy held the cigarette that it was fairly new to him, he also held it inside the palm of his hand so no one could see.
I wanted to go over and say ' I was you- and now here I am 50 years old and addicted- on my way to get professional help to get me off those things- look at me and learn please'

The thing is I didnt- here in the UK it is quite the 'norm' for youngsters to tell people like me to **** off and mind my own business and I have to admit I was scared to approach them- but it seemed ironic on the day I was going to get help for a life long addiction I passed a young boy just starting on the same road- shame on me I guess for not having the guts to tell him the future.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 60
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,500
Amount Saved: $900.00
Life Gained:
Days: 7 Hrs: 2 Mins: 30 Seconds: 24

Reading this thread: