Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-03-27 3:02 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Water

2024-03-17 5:24 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

What motivates you?

2024-03-10 10:30 PM

Quit Smoking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

DM555 3 3

Browse through 411.742 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,431 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Jgorilla, anna13, CCaballero, JJAY EVANGEL, VKATE DARLENE

Flatulence

15 years ago 0 229 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]Hey Phil... women DO fart ! However, maybe your wife is the exception? LOL ! Maybe she goes and hides to 'do it'?! Well since I stopped smoking I'm sounding like a machine gun going off at times !!!!! LOL LOL ! I have no shame and no pride.. Who cares.. I quit smoking and I just let 'er go ! Peace [/color] :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $369.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
15 years ago 0 541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hummn, "bicarbonate production", A nice technical term for "Fart"?! I'll have to use that one Silvie. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/3/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 348 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,700 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,218.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
15 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey come on we boys love it and my wife still insists that women dont do it!!! Me xxxx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 614 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 13,508 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3,284.90 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 123 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
15 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I never coughed up stuff. Instead I farted. As my sister and I would walk around the block, I would always marvel that I weren't going faster, considering the poot-poot-poot that sped me along. I didn't overthink it. I just remembered what my elderly Aunt used to say: "Better out than in." Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1216 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 34,048 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,256.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 173 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
  • Quit Meter

$54,423.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 642 Hours: 18

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 26

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Members, This is a sensitive and sometimes embarrassing subject for many. Please know that you are not alone in experiencing this withdrawal symptom and there is much you can do about it. Smoking increases gastro intestinal mobility (how your intestines move) when you quit, you intestines slow down. Your food spends more time traveling through your gut and naturally produces more gas. Try cutting out foods that naturally aid in gas production, carbonated drinks and chewing gum. More air swallowed, more gas you'll have. Lastly, regular physical activity has also been helpful as it encourages your gut to start moving. Smoking can indeed alter a change in our digestion system when we smoke and also when we quit smoking. Why you ask? Cigarette smoking can affect all parts of the body, including the digestive system. This is especially damaging because the digestive system processes the food we eat into substances that are needed for the body to function properly. It has been shown that smoking creates harmful effects on all parts of our digestive system. These harmful effects can contribute to develop common disorders such as heartburn and peptic ulcers. It also increases the risk of Crohn's disease and possibly gallstones. Smoking seems to affect the liver, too, by changing the way it handles drugs and alcohol. In fact, there seems to be enough evidence to stop smoking solely on the basis of digestive distress. Current research suggests that the effects of smoking on the gastrointestinal tract are temporary and most problems will reverse themselves when smoking stops. Some of the effects of smoking on the digestive system appear to be of short duration. For example, the effect of smoking on bicarbonate production by the pancreas does not appear to last. Bicarbonate is important because it neutralizes and protects our digestive enzymes. This is where one may feel some of the common disorders listed above i.e. heartburn and or ulcers. Hope this helps and please feel free to share what tricks have worked for you. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator

Reading this thread: