Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,529 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou

Bad Smoking Dreams

9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hmm. I just had one of those dreams after posting here the other day. I dreamed that I had been sneaking cigarettes here and there and rationalizing that it was "just one," and then it hit me that it had been several over the course of some time. I guess that's how it gets people in real life, too--"one little puff" at a time. 

It has been a long time since the last relapse dream, too. I honestly can't remember  how long ago the last one was. I think it was a combination of 1) My lungs were feeling kind of raw after doing an intense workout. (That happens sometimes. Not sure if it's related to my smoking history or not.) and 2) I had checked in here, which reminded me of all the old "I do/ don't want to smoke" internal battles. 

So glad it wasn't real.  
  • Quit Meter

$22,557.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 603 Hours: 0

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 24 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I find that is the same with any addiction, and I gotta say I would much rather be smoking in my dreams then in reality
9 years ago 0 23 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  For the first 3 months I would have these smoking dreams. I think it is a response to quitting as a few of my friends have told me the same thing - then they go away.
11 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
If you are going to smoke you just as well do it in a dream .  I do know that they do not represent a slip, they are just nasty dreams.

Keep the Quit
Sparky 
11 years ago 0 792 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Roses, I haven't had a smoking dream for quite some time now but when I did get them I had a tremendous feeling of relief to realize that I didn't actually smoke ,that it was just a dream. In that way I think they actually helped me to keep my resolve. Regards, Bill
11 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I probably had them occasionally for 3 years after I quit. Sometimes they were so vivid I would wake up ready to kick myself, then realize it was a dream. Take note of how bad you feel about yourself when you wake up, then how good you feel when you realize it was just a dream. Maybe those dreams are a way to show us how far we've gone.
  • Quit Meter

$163,494.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8366 Hours: 2

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 28

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow. I was having the relapse dream every 2-3 nights for a while. When reading your post, it occurred to me that the nicotine dreams are happening less frequently now. I don't think I've had any this week. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,557.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 603 Hours: 0

Minutes: 59 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Rose!

After all this time, I still have an occasional smoking dream!  These dreams ALWAYS wake me up, and for me, I guess I would actually classify them as a nightmare!  Anyways, how do I deal with them...  I take a deep breath and thank my lucky stars that I am still a non-smoker be glad that they ARE just dreams!  It would be interesting to talk to a psychiatrist or psychologist about smoking dreams, but not enough to pay for it!    Maybe someone has the time to Google it!

Have a great smoke-free day everyone!

Jim 

• Quit Meter

$44,287.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1060 Hours: 0

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

11 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoking dreams are actually quite common while quitting and even long after you have quit. They can be quite unsettling but many people use them to reaffirm their commitment to their quit; just like you are doing now.

How good did it feel this morning taking a deep breath and knowing you are still quit?

Ashley, Health Educator
11 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had some bad smoking dreams last night..I am still craving this morning..but don't want to smell like nasty cigarettes ever again plus I enjoy the ease of taking a deep now.
I don[t want to give that up...I was wondering how everyone else here deals with the smoking dreams if and when the have one?

Red...

Reading this thread: