Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,477 Members

Please welcome our newest members: DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE, kathleencabralmd, TestingDHA, JVICTORINO

Help

14 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Jeni! Guess what? You're human! We aren't perfect by any means and you had a slip, you didn't fall.
Some people in that situation have removed one day from their quit meter rather than start at zero again.
So dust yourself off, forgive yourself, get mad at the damned junkie and kick his ash to the curb! Get rid of all smoking materials (including  the cigars) and give yourself another chance. Use this to your advantage, you don't want to start all over, so examine why you thought a cigar would help the situation. And now that you know it didn't - (all it did was make you feel bad for slipping) you can figure out what you need to do next time something like this happens. Carry a small straw in your pocket, or a piece of gum, something that you can pop into your mouth, or take several deep breaths, both things help.
Tell yourself that smoking is NOT an option, so you will have to think about what else you can do to avoid smoking.
Be aware that it might make for some added cravings for a day or two here, but be prepared and use your tools that haelped you when you first quit.
It's all about being prepared for the stressful times, and we all know that stressful times hit us with no notice.
You can do this girl! You're a quitter! Shake it off and get back in the saddle, you are so close to boarding the magic ship (50 days.)

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/5/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 1038
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 25,950
Amount Saved: $10,950.90
Life Gained:
Days: 142 Hrs: 23 Mins: 17 Seconds: 38

14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Hi there jeniwho. Don't beat yourself up too hard. Life has its way of throwing some curve balls to us when we least expect. And you have been a smoker way more than a non-smoker. Was it just that one? Then I wouldn't worry. Have you went back to smoking since? Then yes, I would go back through my program, reset the meter and make sure I understand the trigger that caused this. But, whatever the case, come back on board. It is getting easier. I vouch for that.

Keep the quit

Cristina

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 93
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,255
Amount Saved: $423.15
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 21 Mins: 15 Seconds: 22

14 years ago 0 11213 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jeniwho,

Try not to be too hard on yourself. Slips happen.  What is important is how you bounce back from them.  What have you learned from the slip and how can you prevent a slip in the future?

Stay strong and get back at it. I can tell you really want this so go out and take it!  it can be discouraging after a slip but don't let it beat you.

What motivated you to quit in the first place.  5 years from you if you have remained smoke free how do you think you would feel? Reverse that, 5 years from now if you are still smoking how will you feel? Please share your thoughts

We will be here for you every step of the way.

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  I smoked three days ago.  A cigar, I normally would smoke cigarrettes.  I had a really bad moment and I didn't even think about it.  I was so upset it just happened before I even realized it.  I know this is a reason I have started before but I really want to get back on track.  I feel so guilty and weak.  I don't know if I should start my days over, feel like a failure, just quit quitting because I can't do it......

Can anyone give me some advice to get going again please?

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/23/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 44
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 880
Amount Saved: $308.00
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 21 Mins: 9 Seconds: 8

• Quit Meter

$385,925.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5352 Hours: 16