Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Neurological pain

16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
chico, Flu like symptoms can be caused by an abrupt reduction in caffeine, muscle pain has also been mentionned by some quitters, it is not directly associated with quitting and you should see your family physician if symptoms persist or worsen. Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Chico, There are a number of strange physical side effects when we quit smoking. Just the increase in oxygen to the different parts of the body can cause dizzyness, bleeding gums etc.. Other things include insomnia, fatigue, constipation....the list goes on. But these things should be temporary. There are no doctors on this site, so if you are worried about anything, you should consult your own physician. You are doing great with those 15 days. Hopefully you are through the worst. Lizzie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/23/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1757 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26,355 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �6,588.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 180 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$8,856.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 783 Hours: 13

Minutes: 50 Seconds: 32

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, Chico, Yes, I had the leg pains for the last two weeks and I posted about it. I did what the members like Lainey suggested, I did more walking about and within a few days it was much better. And welcome to the site with Big Congratulations on your 15 days!! Patrick [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/18/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 26 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 650 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on staying smoke free! You are my hero and my insperation!
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Chico, Congrats on those two weeks, you are over the worst! The leg pain is indeed a part for some quitters. I believe I saw a few members post on that very problem. And if I am correct, they used exercise to aleviate it. I hope they will come by and post more advice for you! In the meantime, welcome to the SSC! Nice to have you! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 345 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,625 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,639.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 45 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 8 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have quit for over two weeks now and coincidentally have experienced lower back pain and pain down both my legs and under my feet. Has anyone else experienced physiological pain as a result of quitting. This has now become a trigger to start again to cope with the pain. Are there any doctors on site who can answer this question? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/29/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 450 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $191.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: