Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

What happens

17 years ago 0 140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've been off it for about a week and a half. I don't think it's completely out of my system yet, as I'm still experiencing a few mild side effects that came up when I started it. Otherwise, I don't really notice any difference. sushik [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 77 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,941 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $693 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have quit smoking for 14 days. Feeling great. Still get urges every once in a while but I tell myself I have come this far and don't want to start again ever!!! This website and discussions threads have helped a great deal. I usually check in every day. I have been taking Wellbutrin to assist me with my quit. It has been working great. My concern is that my doctor gave a three month prescription and said to contact him if I needed more. I am concerned that in three months time I will be going through withdrawal symptoms from not smoking and Wellbutrin. Can anybody who has taken Wellbturin tell what happens when stop the Wellbutrin. Thanks. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/31/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 155 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $71.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
17 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tweety, The Wellbutrin is an anti-depressant. One of the worst symptoms of quitting is depression. This is caused by a lack of dopamine in our brains after we quit smoking. For more on this, read Shevie's "Rewards, nicotine and the brain" post in the general forum. I will see if I can bump it for you. Basically, Wellbutrin doesn't target all withdrawal symptoms... it mainly just helps with the depression and the other withdrawal symptoms that come because of depression. In time, our brains start to make dopamine again on their own. The Wellbutrin helps the dopamine production in the meantime, but barring any other medical reason why your body wouldn't start producing dopamine on its own, your body should start making its own and not rely on the Wellbutrin as much. Rewards are also great ways to produce dopamine and that reduces the effects of depression and also some withdrawal symptoms. So, reward yourself often! Rewards don't have to be expensive, but they SHOULD be things that you really like and enjoy. Again, Shevie's post talks all about this... I will find it for you and bump it. Talk to your doctor if you're scared or nervous. In the meantime, just work on being a successful ex-smoker. I'm sure you'll do just fine! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 291 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,291 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1201.83 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 21 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys just do it one day at a time :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 990 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $264 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I totally understand your worries, I felt the same way. I was only given a 60 day prescription. The good news is I've been off it now for several weeks, and I feel fine. I thought I may have had slightly increased craves when I came off, but I think it was my mind freaking out slightly. I decided to have faith in myself, and it really was OK. The only strange thing was the week after I stopped taking it I was soooo weepy and depressed. I definitely was not depressed before I started taking it. My emotions stabilized, and I feel like I did before, except now I don't smoke! :) Hope this helps, Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 71 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,432 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $337.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Tweety. I quit using Wellbutrin, as have a lot of people here. The reactions have been quite varied. Personally, I took it for the first month after I quit. Then I cut back to 1/2 dose for a week before stopping it altogether. I never experienced any extra craving or withdrawal of any type when I stopped taking it. I did keep the rest of the prescription for about 6 months, just in case, but I never needed them. I remember one person saying they had really bad cravings when they quit taking it. Everyone is different, of course, but from what I've seen, the majority of people are able to come off it without any withdrawal or side effects. Keep up the good quit, Tweety. ;) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 450 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,011 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1710 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 83 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
17 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used Xanax not Wellbutrin. The Xanax helped me with anxiety which is what the Wellbutrin is doing I think. I weaned off it when the doctor told me to and to tell the truth, I didn't even miss it. It was a cake walk. Good luck to you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,653 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1368.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 26 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
  • Quit Meter

$99,910.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9150 Hours: 6

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 22

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tweety, The members will be along shortly to share their experiences with you. Know that everyone's body is different and will react differently to medications as well as the quit. Continue to work with your doctor and let us know if we can help :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: