Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

Maintaining

17 years ago 0 351 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks quitter for reminding us that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Congratulations on your up coming wedding. Oh and congratulations on your 5 MONTHS.....YIPPY [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/19/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 356 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 3131 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I just saw this now, thank you for your post, it's very encouraging :)Marie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $192 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
17 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Quitter! It is always great to hear positive success stories. They help so much. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $292 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
  • Quit Meter

$54,548.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5961 Hours: 3

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Quitter, Thanks for checking in with us! Five months, what an accomplishment! We are so proud of you! Keep up the great work and don't forget to come back and let us know how you rewarded yourself for reaching this milestone! Danielle ___________________________ The SSC Support Team
17 years ago 0 68 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all, So proud of everyone who's fighting the good fight to stay quit. I'm approaching five months (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and it feels great. I wanted to share where I am, for anyone who's struggling to make the transition from quitting to maintaining. My body feels much much better than when I was smoking...but I've stopped having the better-every-day feelings. They faded along with the daily cravings. My weight has stabilized, my sleep is back to normal, my brain is behaving like my brain, not an addled nicotine-craving machine. I'm so glad to be free of cigarettes, to smell good and be clean, to not have to sneak off to smoke, to never be embarassed or worried about the impression I'd make at a job interview or meeting someone new. It's fantastic. The chains are off. I still crave a tiny bit. Every few days I'll have a day where the thought of cigarettes pops up several times. It passes in a few moments, and I never really consider smoking. I come here to rejuvenate my quit. Maintaining a quit is so much easier than quitting, but there are challenges. The out-of-the-blue desire to smoke a nasty cancer stick is disappointing whenever it pops up. My nicodemon is still here, telling me a bad morning or long drive would be so much easier to get through with smokes. Lies, all lies, and I know it. Quitting made me strong enough to maintain. I'm getting married in October, the day after my six-month anniversary. I can't tell you how glad I am I won't be stinking up my wedding dress. A bride that smells bad ain't sexy. Anyway, if any of you newbies are feeling despondent that the quitting goes on forever, I'll tell you, it doesn't. Eventually, you too will be maintaining you quit. Don't give up. If you need help, ask. Imagine yourself smoke free, forever, then get there. Good luck to all. Quitter [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/3/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 143 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,869 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $307.45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 9 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: