Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

think of myself

18 years ago 0 3368 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My husband and I quit together. So far neither of us have smoked. Your post made me wonder how I would feel if he slipped or went back to smoking. It made me wonder if it would effect my quit. I am sorry about your slip, but am happy for you for your realization. It will make you stronger next go around I think. And I thank you for bringing something up that I had not thought about. I'm going to give this some serious thought and I'm also going to talk to my husband about so that we can both be prepared should this happen to us. While it is wonderful that we can support one another, we both need to make sure that we are dedicated to our own quit. Thanks Ann. [IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a17/Daniwiz/hug.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
  • Quit Meter

$54,566.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5963 Hours: 2

Minutes: 24 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 34 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My wife�s smoker�s cough is really bad this morning. I hate to say it but it makes me remember why I quit. As I mentioned before we can't quit at the same time because it never works out. This time I decided to quit on my own. To this point its working out pretty good. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 231 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $45 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
18 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The next time I set my date I will think about me. My husband quit with me. We put the patch on Monday am. When he came in for lunch he said he chewed all morning. I told him he can't chew with the patch on so he took it off and had a cig. after lunch. I did too. Next time it is up to him to do his thing and I have to think about me. We have been married for 34 yrs. I guess I am in the habit of its both of us or nothing. Not next time around. I am going to be stronger on my own. My date, my strength, me nonsmoker!!!!!! :)
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are right Ann, Your quit must be your own. I finally realized what everyone was telling me when they told me that. I felt so [url=http://www.stopsmokingcenter.net/support/viewmessages.aspx?topic=29277&forum=1]Betrayed[/url]. I posted that when I realized my hubby went back to smoking. They told me to protect my quit. I thought, I'm secure. But, then I really thought about it. Seeing him smoke might have brought some thoughts into my head. Resentment, anger, and wishing to smoke. But it didn't. I am still going strong. I am around smokers all of the time. They are all used to me "removing" myself. I protect me. I protect my quit. I will do anything I have to. Point being, you smoked because your hubby did first. If you were farther along in your quit, it might have been different. Don't let his decisions make yours. If you want to quit, quit. And do it for yourself! Let us know when you are coming back, okay? You can do this!! ;) 4my2girls [b][i][color=Maroon]What Consumes Your Thoughts Controls Your Life[/b][/i][/color] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 79 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,383 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $258.33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46
18 years ago 0 2830 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Way to go Ann!!!!! That's the attitude! You CAN do this, even if your husband smokes! Congratulations on your decision to quit again! With that attitude, you WILL make it! Crave the Quit! Pam [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/28/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 207 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,185 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $854.91 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
18 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi again Ann, I just wanted to pass on some hopefully helpful comments on quitting with a smoking partner. 1) Demarkation - In the house you need to designate smoking and non-smoking areas. Ideally, you should both agree to not smoke in the house - that is kind of hard though if you have both been smoking. So failing that, can you agree on a smoking room which is not the main living room. This means you do not have smoke 'in your face' all the time. 2) Should I try and get him to quit too? No! Don't nag him to quit with you. You have to hold your head high and show him how it is done (he will be watching you). You will have us to help you. Yes - you have to think of yourself. That is the only way to do this. You are the only one who sticks the thing in their mouth and lights it....so yeah, you have to own the quit. ;) You can do this. Loads of us took more than one go....just don't give up. Learn. Lizzie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/23/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1126 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 16,896 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5067 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 109 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 11
  • Quit Meter

$8,943.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 791 Hours: 4

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: