Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

My first serious attempt

6 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Isolde,

Sounds like a good goal. How have you been doing in cutting back? Have you considered any quit aids that may assist you?

Ashley, Health Educator
6 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Isolde
You can do this! Just passing along a tip -- A friend told me he sucked on flavored (tea tree oil) toothpicks during his cravings, and said it helped quite a bit.  Gave him something to put in his mouth, or to hold in his hands -- mimicking those parts of smoking without doing damage to your body.
I'm starting day 3 of my quit, and cravings are in full force. Finding other things that can replace cigarettes definitely helps.

• Quit Meter

$21,428.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 278 Hours: 9

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 24

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

6 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, So here I am desperate to feel better and ready to quit. Over the last year I've went from smoking occasionally while drinking alcohol to where I now chain smoke while driving, while I'm talking on the phone and even while reading. My first step is to never smoke while doing those things. We'll see what happens. My definite quit date is set for June 6th and I will try my best to not smoke till then or at least drastically cut down. Looking forward to having people to chat with who are on the same journey to a better life or are there already.
  • Quit Meter

$34,907.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 262 Hours: 4

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 7

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: