Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,558 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Hello everyone

7 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi JustinB.

Congrats on your quit! Sounds like you are off to a great start. Please talk to your doctor or pharmacist about this questions. We are unable to give advice regarding medication or quit aids.

Looking forward to hearing more from you,
Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Justin,
  You hit the nail on the head. WILLPOWER! If you don't have the willpower, you're probably not going to make it. It's all a mindset as far as I'm concerned. It's great to hear you've been two days without NRT. Keep it up. What a great way to start the new year for you, being smoke free.  I wish you the best on your new journey.

Not One Puff Ever 

• Quit Meter

$23,274.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 774 Hours: 10

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

7 years ago 0 3 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Tim and happy new year.Thats good to hear someone successful like you who's had so much quit time to to comment on this thank you very much for that. I would put myself at about 15 cig/day habit . I've actually spent the past 2 days without a patch on . I think it's just willpower that's been the biggest help for me with it . I definitely feel in control over this . I don't believe I'll be buying anymore patches ??. Happy new year everyone .
  • Quit Meter

$340,672.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5960 Hours: 12

Minutes: 33 Seconds: 1

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

7 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Justin,
 Welcome to the stop smoking center. Congratulations on being a quitter for over a month now!  Be sure to reward yourself for your great effort. I too quit with the help of the patch, and just like you, I had some really weird dreams.  So weird that I only used the patch during the day, again just like you, after only the second day.  It seemed to work for me. The patch took care of the physical need and let me concentrate on the mental part. (Which I think is the hardest part) The light headed and goofy feeling is part of the quit process I think. It happened to me too and I just assumed it would go away eventual which it did. I was a pack+ a day user, and I thought it was my body reacting to the lack of nicotine that I was used to. 
 Are you ready to step down to step 2? That's really up to you. Do you think you have your quit under control? Do you feel like YOU are doing this and are NOW in control? How much did you used to smoke?
 By the 30th day for me, I was starting to get skin reactions to the adhesive on the patch. I felt in control and tried going to step 2, but even those irritated my skin.  I felt like I was in control of my quit so I just stopped using the patch altogether on the 36th day and never looked back.
 If you think you can handle less nicotine then go for step 2. If you find that you are not ready yet you can always go back to step 1.
What ever you decide, DON'T SMOKE anymore! You're stronger than that darn Nicodemon! 

Not One Puff Ever 

• Quit Meter

$23,274.35

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 774 Hours: 10

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

7 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I've always believed that one can only quit smoking if one wants to be quit more than one wants to smoke. I gave up so many times but only when the balanced tipped was I successful. You have done it already with the cigarettes, over a month, step down on the patch in line with the instructions and win that fight too! At 26 you are definitely doing the right thing! Good Luck!
  • Quit Meter

$56,903.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1126 Hours: 23

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Thank you !
  • Quit Meter

$340,672.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

7 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Justin, welcome. Looks like you are now addicted to the patch!I quit cold turkey so I can't really help you and in days gone by there would have been a plethora of "patchers" on here who could help you. Sadly, that is a thing of the past! What I would say is that if you are able to "not smoke" because you do not want to, I think you could apply the same willpower to the patch and throw away the crutch!! Good Luck!!
  • Quit Meter

$56,903.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1126 Hours: 23

Minutes: 48 Seconds: 5

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

My names Justin and I'm 26 years old . I've smoked since I was 16 and quit very briefly on Chantix a few years back , but started smoking again . I started using the patch November 26 2016 and have stayed smoke free(not even a drag cheating). I rarely have cravings , and I think a lot of it has to do with me just really wanting to stay smoke free. I do have a few questions though that I can't really find the answers to on the web hopefully someone here can give me a good answer. I put my patch on first thing in the morning as that's when I'm craving a smoke the most ,and take it off at night before bed because I can't handle the nightmares (I have PTSD). The next morning when I put my patch on I get extremely light headed and goofy feeling. My heart starts to race ,but not really anxiety wise . My question to you all is do you think I'm ready for step 2? I feel like maybe the nicotine is too much , but I wasn't sure if it was because I'm not leaving it on a full 24 hours . I'm really confused as to what I should be doing . I can't leave it on a full 24 hours the nightmares are too crazy . Any input Is appreciated . Thanks for reading . :)
  • Quit Meter

$340,672.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: