Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,559 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

Side Effects

7 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Rubdylocus,

Check out the section on withdrawal symptoms for more information on typical symptoms. But remember that everyone is different and every quit is different. Some people experience very few withdrawal symptoms; especially if you are using a quit aid. I would say withdrawal symptoms have more to do with the amount you have smoked and the quit aid or tapering method you use. The fact that you are under age 25 is great as your body will likely heal completely after you have been quit for over  a year.

Ashley, Health Educator
7 years ago 0 4 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Are these symptoms typical? I am so scared of the withdrawl symptoms ! Do you think it will be less intense for me because I've only been smoking ten years and I'm under age 25?
7 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi TimmyJo,

Withdrawal symptoms like you described a very common early in a quit. Check out the program for more information on withdrawal and ways to cope. Also, be sure to talk to your doctor if you are concerned about any of your symptoms.

It has been awhile since you posted last - how are you feeling today?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yeah Timmyjo your body is healing brother and it will be a ride to recovery. Believe you me. This is all side affects till you get going to 3 and 4 months then your good to go since you have been smoking for 40 years you will still experience some side effects like that but the longer you go the better it gets. I have been quit for one year and 5 months. Still recovering.
8 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Everyone,

First, I would like to wish all of you success and a happy smoker-free life.

I stopped cold turnkey this past 26 March 2016.  I read (again) Allen Carr's the Easy Way to Stop Smoking and this time it sunk in.  It has not been difficult.  My main thing is that I still get sick.  For example, it has been six weeks since I stopped and the last two days I have been swollen, extremely tired, low-grade fever, itch eyes and nausea.   Maybe I have the flu or is this really just my body healing after smoking for over 40 years.  I would love some thoughts and input on this.

All the best,

TimmyJo 

Reading this thread: