Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Alex 2 1
lara 1 0

Most Loved

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,570 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RREYES, TBACARO, RMUEGA, LARISTOTELES, DeeTart

7 days and 1st slip

8 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi jaykay79,

The fact that you are getting right back to it is the main thing. Having one smoke will not erase all your efforts but it will prolong the addiction. How are you doing today?

Ashley, Health Educator
8 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, after 18 years and a few previous attempts I finally decided to quit smoking last week, I was in hospital with pneumonia, it was the chest xrays and CT scans that scared me, and although they came back clear it made me realise that I had been rolling the dice.  It was easy to quit with an oxygen mask and being confined to a bed for a few days, but when i got home I noticed I was feeling rested when I woke, before this i always felt tired, so decided to keep it going.

For some reason today I slipped and had one, the cravings werent driving me to it, but there was a fuzziness in the head that just wanted to go.

I feel very dissappointed having already notcied some of the cessetation effects, but am determined to keep going.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if 1 cigarette in a week of quitting would seriously derail the health timeline, or if I am effectively back at day 1? 

Reading this thread: