Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Quitting next week

13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Why Ms. Bugg, as I live and breathe!!  Look at you!!
SO cool that you stopped by.... Dunedad is back as well!  Feels like a big ol' homecoming to me!
peteg
13 years ago 0 1073 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Stubow  and Peteg!  I remember both of you!  Dig in and get it done... because I know you CAN!

~lbugg
  • Quit Meter

$52,440.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 917 Hours: 23

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 14

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Stu.
13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Stu -- I was here a couple of years ago too, but I guess not at the same time.
Welcome back!  Like Samantha said, the best thing you can do for yourself between now and October 21 is to work, work, work the program.  I kind of blew it off before my last big quit, so when I really needed that emergency plan, it wasn't in place for me.

Now I know better.  Even as early as Day 5 (I count differently than the freedometer!), I'm relying heavily on the plan.

Just a side note:  Did you know that in a disaster, if a local jurisdiction doesn't have an emergency operations plan in place before a natural or intentional disaster, they can be held liable by the citizens of that jurisdiction??  True!  That's how important a plan is.  And, since you've got a little bit of time between now and D-Day, why not take a couple of hours and test the plan?  Go as long as you can without a smoke, and when you can't stand it any more, see what your plan says.  Does it work?  If not, the plan is wrong and needs to be corrected BEFORE you quit, NOT after.

We'll be looking out for you here, but don't cheat yourself by cutting corners before the quit.  Your work now will pay off big time on October 22!

See you --
peteg
13 years ago 0 2606 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello StuBow,

Welcome back to our online support community and know that we are here for you. Work through the milestones of the program to refresh your memory on how to prepare yourself for your quit. 

Members, how did you prepare for your quit date?

Samantha, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 427 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi all,

I was here a few years ago.  Am glad to see you all are still here.  I have started a daily dosage of Chantix and have a quit date of Oct 21st.  I look forward to seeing you all online.
Stubow
  • Quit Meter

$24,975.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 633 Hours: 17

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 59

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked