Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,556 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PMYKEL JOHN, Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN

help

14 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joey dont give in HANG TOUGH , i hope to see you in here tomorrow, you can do this  Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2635
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 63,240
Amount Saved: $11,067.00
Life Gained:
Days: 342 Hrs: 8 Mins: 2 Seconds: 38

14 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Joey, congratulations on 43 hours smoke free!  Just remember that this temporary inconvenience will yield a huge permanent improvement!  So you're almost 2 days smoke free, thats awesome!  Nicotine is out of your body after after 3 days.  You've been given some great advice!  I recommend drinking as much ice water as you can.  It helps with cravings, and it flushes the toxins out of your body.  Go through "my program" so you can set up a plan to help with cravings.  Set up your quit meter and add it to your postings from "my profile" so you can see your numbers add up.  That was a huge motivator for me!  Post as often as you need, because when you are typing you aren't smoking!  And if you get a huge urge, post and wait for 5 responses.  By that point the craving will be gone.  You can do this!!!  We're all rooting for you Joey!!!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 431
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 17,240
Amount Saved: $4,310.00
Life Gained:
Days: 64 Hrs: 9 Mins: 16 Seconds: 26

14 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome aboard Joey! I am a rookie into this too, so I know how hard the first few days are. The cravings are bad and you don't consider you have much to lose "if you only have one". Wrong! You started a great adventure, so every minute, every hour counts! Read, read, read... Deep breathing and relaxation helps. Ice water, chewing-gum,... you name it.
Keep the quit. And remember N.O.P.E (Not One Puff Ever)
Cristina

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 20
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 700
Amount Saved: $91.00
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 22 Mins: 15 Seconds: 29

14 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome, Joey! Keep going. Get those nasty chemicals out of your system. Once they are out, quitting gets easier. How long does it take? Doesn't matter, because you're a quitter and quitters have the time. What we can promise you is that the craving do get farther and farther apart, and you will become better and better at saying no. Saying so will require less and less effort. In the meantime, drink lots of ice water, pray, and remember to breathe deeply and use various distractions. Chew on vegetables. Keep your eyes on the prize.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/1/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 177
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,956
Amount Saved: $1,920.45
Life Gained:
Days: 19 Hrs: 9 Mins: 26 Seconds: 15

14 years ago 0 183 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joey, I know it's hard at first, but it does get easier. It wasn't long ago I was where you were. I found distraction to help a lot. I spent a lot of time here, did mass research on how I was going to benefit from quitting and that really helped me to keep going. When the benefit out weighs the temporary discomfort, it makes it easier to continue. I struggled, but as they said "kept my eye on the prize" it helped a lot. Hang in there, you can do this!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 10/14/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 11
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 220
Amount Saved: $67.65
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 21 Mins: 27 Seconds: 27

14 years ago 0 11215 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Joey,

Welcome to the group.  Congratulations on 43 hours!  You are off to a great start.  Have you started working through the program?  It will help further prepare you for your quit.  

How will you be rewarding yourself for getting through today? Rewards are a very important motivational tool.  Be sure to celebrate often. 

Remember that the withdrawal is temporary.  You can get through it and then feel better than ever.  The only way to never feel like this again is to not have a cigarette.  Drink a glass of cool water slowly and imagine it washing away all the toxins smoking has put in your body.

You can do this!

Ashley, Health Educator
14 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi I'm Joey I have been smoke free now for 43 hours and have some heavy withdrawal  I need help

Reading this thread: