Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,538 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Very Afraid

15 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
So true...I think all of us are guilty of these feelings.  How am I going to drive, how will I talk on the phone, eat a meal, have a drink, socialize...as if the cigarette was responsible for anything...have you ever seen a salem steering a car before?  I mean, I have seen smokers who look like a salem, but they don't count.

Kelly

Oh, and yes, you can do all these things and better!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 12/6/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 413
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 12,390
Amount Saved: $1,548.75
Life Gained:
Days: 34 Hrs: 9 Mins: 44 Seconds: 58

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr Q, Congratulations on all of the successes in your life today!  You've done great!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 155
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 6,200
Amount Saved: $1,240.00
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 4 Mins: 37 Seconds: 18

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 Good Job Mr. Q, thanks for sharing your story, congratulations :) Life really does get better after the quit for sure  Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2359
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 56,616
Amount Saved: $9,907.80
Life Gained:
Days: 306 Hrs: 10 Mins: 32 Seconds: 30

15 years ago 0 406 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mr Quitter,

Wow, that was defnitely motivating!  Congrats on your achievements and continue to share them with us

Members, have you experienced more successes since your quit?

Karen, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 901 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
great post "q' , ifelt the same way about playing golf , i just didn't think i could play well with out smoking.thank goodness i was wrong.
and remember "nothing happens until something gets sold"

mike / astrofan

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 3/12/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 316
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 9,480
Amount Saved: $2,844.00
Life Gained:
Days: 53 Hrs: 14 Mins: 5 Seconds: 51

15 years ago 0 49 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Mr Q,
You have helped me immensly by sharing your story. That's exactly how I feel. Now I know it'll all work out. I work in a lab and have to be very accurate at my job. Lots of focus, but it's ok I am managing fine. I always enjoy reading your posts. I have also read the Allen Carr book and it is all about changing your belief systems toward nicotine addition, just like finding your way out of a maze.
So thanks again
Luv lola
xxx

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/10/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 12
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 240
Amount Saved: �63.60
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 2 Mins: 53 Seconds: 0

15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was debating on posting this but I think it's important to rule out as many myths as possible when newcomers begin a quit.  One fear that most if not all of us have when we quit is that we will not be able to function properly without smoking.  I know I was guilty of this on all of my quits including this one.  The big one for me was "Will this quit affect my job performance?"  Many of you don't know that I am in sales and no it's not for Allen Carr book sales.  lol.  For someone in sales the above question becomes very important because there are so many different demands when it comes to sales and you always need to be at the top of your game.  I quit back in August, 2008 and up until that point my sales were pretty good but if anyone here is in sales you will know that you can go from first to last in a day let alone from August to December.  I went through the fog head state I went through the irratability I went through everything that you are all going through thinking "Will this ever end.

Yesterday I was on a big stage being recognized for being one of the top 10 sales reps in my division.  Althrough I am very proud of my accomplishments my objective here is not to gloat but to reiterate that smoking does not make you successful YOU make you successful.  Almost 6 months ago I couldn't imagine how I would sell anything else without my cigarettes and today I now wonder how I ever sold anything with all the smoke breaks I took.  Hang in there people.  Good things will come.

Mr Q
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: