Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,789 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

HI All Its PM and I am having a bad time very angry

15 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yes.....   and I told my husband I wanted a tee shirt or a bunch of them that said

" I have one NERVE left and YOU are Standing on it."  

I learned (for the most part)   ....to state.. I am having a hard time right now.... back away.

One thing about quitting.. we are "RE learning " emotions and what they feel like.. we are not running off to hide behind a smoke screen...  It gets easier.

One thing I tried to remember and re inforce in my thinking... " I AM NOT GIVING UP ANYTHING.   I AM TAKING BACK CONTROL OF MY LIFE, MY HEALTH, MY TIME AND MY MONEY.

That sly nasty, nicodemon/junkie  will try all methods of gettig you to light up.. The mor you get through a situation without smoking the easier it is..  Look at how many people get thru  day without smoking....   we are taking back control of our own lives and time......

Bonnie

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 228
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,876
Amount Saved: $775.20
Life Gained:
Days: 32 Hrs: 17 Mins: 6 Seconds: 55

15 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PM as you can see, you are not alone here. If you knew my husband he could tell you all about it! He always jokes that on my quit meter it shows the days added to my life and those are the same amount taken away from his life. I was only really bad for the first two weeks (okay, maybe three!). It does get better and it does get easier otherwise I don't think there would be so many people here still quit (or still married!) Stay Strong!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/7/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 262
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,716
Amount Saved: $1,839.24
Life Gained:
Days: 23 Hrs: 17 Mins: 30 Seconds: 8

15 years ago 0 1080 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
PM you are certainly not alone- I had real flashes of temper the first few weeks and was very vocal which amazed both myself and those around me as I am usually quite a quiet person and a bit of a conformist- so secretly I quite liked the 'angrier' me- but anyway it does ease off- its just the emotional roller coaster of quitting- it will pass- honest!
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 138
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,450
Amount Saved: $2,070.00
Life Gained:
Days: 16 Hrs: 6 Mins: 8 Seconds: 29

15 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PM,

It's very common to experience a surge of emotion when going through life changes such as quitting smoking. This is a great time to set your coping mechanisms and to use them.  Do whatever it takes to stay on board with your quit and to keep your frustration to a minimum. Exercise and relaxation are great for easing tension. We're here for you so live others have said, come here to vent and to let that frustration and anger out.

Keep persevering!

Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
15 years ago 0 433 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PM,
I just bumped up a post for you in the New Users Forum. It's called "A Duffis Re-post"

Someone bumped this up for me (thanks Jim) when I needed it. It very much put things in perspective as I was acting  strangely.  Such a relief once I found out everyone had gone through similar situations.

I too quit the caffeine to help my temper... it did help. I was less stressed. Any other bad situation, I came home and screamed into a pillow.  Thankfully, it does get much better. Hang in there... you are strong!

Take care,
HP

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 4/1/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 177
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 4,248
Amount Saved: $1,019.52
Life Gained:
Days: 21 Hrs: 15 Mins: 44 Seconds: 0

15 years ago 0 90 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Absolutely normal!  I think most of us have been there.  Take deep breaths, go for walk, do something that you find relaxing.
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 6/19/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 98
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,176
Amount Saved: $308.70
Life Gained:
Days: 8 Hrs: 0 Mins: 13 Seconds: 41

15 years ago 0 303 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi PM,

I was very edgy my first few weeks....I felt like fighting with everyone....I drink a lot of caffiene and I found this added to the problem.  I cut it out for awhile and although I'm drinking it again it got me relaxed enough to make it through the rough patches.  There are a lot of side effects to quitting caffiene as well so if you do drink it often you may want to cut back instead of quitting it all together...Oh, and if you don't drink a lot of caffiene forget what I just said...lol

My only other advice is just to push through the best you can...I used to avoid every confrontational situation during past quits and it didn't work...This time around I took it head on....In fact my first day my wife was picking a fight about something stupid and normally I would have said "Will you just not right now please, I'm trying to remain calm for the first week."  This time around I said "Look, normally I would ask you not to fight during the first little while but this time let's try something new.  I'm not going to smoke no matter what happens so just realize that I'm in a bad mood and I'm going to yell and scream or whatever to get you to stop talking, so do you want to fight about this or what?"  She didn't fight with me again during that week....I'm not advising you do the same...Just know that words, expressions, etc are not a good enough excuse to start smoking because at least in my case no one actually physically harmed me...Take from that what you will...

So, if your in a situation where you need to expload....do it here...hell send me a post and just vent....Don't bottle these things up right now....Take care buddy.

Mr Q

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/4/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 52
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 1,248
Amount Saved: $390.00
Life Gained:
Days: 5 Hrs: 14 Mins: 34 Seconds: 10

• Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 53 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HI all. Well I need to know when someone quits, Dose he or she get very angry or mad very easy. I notice that my temper is very much on a thread, the littlest thing will get me angry is this part of quitting.
  • Quit Meter

$115,953.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8858 Hours: 5

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: