Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Finally Facing My Demons

16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will wish you luck but what you really need is DETERMINATION! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 387 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,805 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,625.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
LOL, Daily Llama! You are too much! Really Wheezer, listen to DL, he knows of which he speaks. G [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 193 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,790 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $926.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
16 years ago 0 1890 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Wheezer, and welcome to SSC. Let me be the Great Karnak for a second and tell you what's in the envelope... hmmmmm ... you'll change your Quit Date by two months and stop smoking on or around February the 11th! The Champix is going to make smoking way less "fun" (Hah!) and why wait anyway... you're already a contributing member here and you've read how the members have fought for their quality of life and how the Long-Timers are always coming back to help newbies like you and I...this site and it's programme will make you want to quit sooner.... I haven't been diagnosed with COPD but I'm just as wheezy as you at 60 yrs and 50 yrs of cigarettes and another year of smoking would have tipped me over into full blown emphysema for sure... [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 300 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $135.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wheezer, Great plan! Now it's time to start researching coping strategies. To help you along, we recommend our online quit program! Happy reading! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 735 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wheezer and Welcome! So glad you have made the decision to quit. And you will be too. You will discover many, many wonderful benefits of quitting. Sure you will feel the physical improvements at the very beginning. But, as you take this journey, you will be amazed at all of the other added health bonuses as well as the pure joy in finding your freedom over this addiction. It's a great ride, Wheezer and so worth it. Stay close to this site and arm yourself with as much knowledge as possible to win this battle. There is always some one here to listen and offer a hand to hold. All the best, G :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 192 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,760 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $921.60 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 19 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
16 years ago 0 515 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Wheezer, welcome to the site - i do hope to see you around LOTS while you prepare for your quit. It really does help, this site and the support group. Read as much as you possibly can here to prepare yourself as to what you are about to face. Use the milestones to realize when you are most vulnerable etc. Come here to get the support that you need the people here are great and supportive - they all helped me tremendously during my worst times. I didn't even think i wanted to quit in the beginning, no part of me wanted to and no one was bothering me about it and yet this site still worked for me. You never know - you may end up moving forward that quit date! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/7/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 396 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $154.44 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
16 years ago 0 880 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wheezer There is always hope and belief in onesself, those are the building blocks of success. Gather all of your courage in a little box, put your name on it and always remember that it all begins with you. There are many people here, who will help you, don't be afraid to write your thoughts and feelings here. Believe me, we all struggle with the same addiction and no one will judge you. They will offer understanding and perhaps a kick to the appropriate part of the anatomy when necessary. Make your plan a good one, make it your own and then get down to getting it done. I do promise you that it is possible and that YOU CAN DO IT...The important word here is you, because in the end the quit is all about no one else. Good Luck nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 400 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,000 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4,200.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 74 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$66,612.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1374 Hours: 11

Minutes: 1 Seconds: 19

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 579 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wheezer, It doesn't matter how many you smoked or for how many years, it can be done! Often the more seasoned smokers do better than the youngsters ;p You are here, and that is the first step. You are at the start of a new journey, and although I know it is really scary right now, the anxiousness decreases as you learn more. Knowledge is power. I suggest you start by keeping a smoking diary. Sign up the programme here. Read loads. See other people doing it. Welcome! Lizzie :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/23/2003 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1742 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 26,130 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �6,532.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 179 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
  • Quit Meter

$8,862.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 784 Hours: 1

Minutes: 45 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 18 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Wheezer You sound like an even heavier smoker than I was. I have a friend who was on 60 a day and he seemed to just give up quite easily, well he made it appear that way. I on the other hand have struggled many times to give up but on this occasion I am really determined. May is indeed a ways off but it certainly gives you plenty of time to prepare. Best of luck with your plan, hope it works out and if you stay connected with this SSC Im sure you will receive plenty of support whenever you need it. My brief experience so far is that this is indeed a very supportive and helpful community. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/28/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 30 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �5.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
16 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I always say I have smoked since conception......my mother smoked when pregnant and my parents both smoked while I was growing up, I started when I was 13...........so that has been 42 years........I have one daughter that I raised alone and she has never smoked and has tried desperately to get me to quit over the years........I have been having trouble breathing lately so I went to the Doctor's and I have COPD.........now that the smoking is actually starting to affect my quality of life......I have decided to QUIT..........before I am carrying an oxygen tank with me every where I go..........I'm afraid, I'm angry..........I can't think of anything I would rather do than smoke.........but I have a plan in place......My quit day is a ways off, my birthday.......May 11th.........I am going to use Champix for 3 months and then hopefully I will have cut down a lot in the three months and then I am going to use the patch.........I am going to be using this site often for support and to read success stories of others to help.........wish me luck........ :8o:

Reading this thread: