Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Stages of change

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-25 11:19 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

What have you learned?

2024-06-19 12:26 AM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.760 posts in 47.060 threads.

160,785 Members

Please welcome our newest members: mandie1991, AGAMBOA, BMARCOS, KLIGO, LBUELA

My introduction

17 years ago 0 1056 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Scary but you've got the message now. Good luck with your quit. Keep in touch with this site and you'll be ok. Take care, Gen [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 344 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �147 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on your decision to quit. We all have our little "wake up calls". I have found this site very useful too. My husband is also in the military and I have found that my hardest times are when he is gone (as he is a great support system). Hang in there it does get easier. I am glad that everything worked out for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 738 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $156.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 53
  • Quit Meter

$227,335.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5331 Hours: 16

Minutes: 31 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Taimi, Welcome to our support community! Take the time to look around. We have a great support group and program to get you started. There is an IM Messenger feature to help you connect with others on a daily basis and there is a boat load of information to guide you. Start preparing lists of activities, hobbies and chores, this will keep you occupied. Check with your doctor before starting any exercise and use those coping mechanisms to keep those craves at bay. We are always here to help and assist, so post often! Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Taimai, we are here to help! Read alot, post alot. There is tons of infor to read here! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,108 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $464.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 55
17 years ago 0 1698 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Taimi Nothing like a good old wake up call to get us started in the right direction.I was lucky I did,nt get the wake up call and I smoked for over 50+ years but I did find this site. All the help you,ll ever need is right here so don,t be shy theres lots of help just ask.. :)
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Taimi Congratulations on your decision to quit smoking. I am glad you are ok. This is the best site ever for help, support and advise so keep reading and posting. We are all here to help. Same for me, please thank your husband for his service to our country, my prayers will be with him and with your family. I know how hard it must be for you to have him away, so please let us help you when you need it. Keep in touch to let us know how you are doing. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,208 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Taimi, Your scare was a warning! Glad that you heeded it and found us. Quitting can also be scary, but we can help you through that, too. Stay close, read, and post so we know how you are doing. There isn't much that someone here hasn't experienced, and we love to share what we know. Two days down...day 3 and the nicotine is out of your body, and only 4 more days of Hell week. You can do this! Oh, and tell your wonderful hubby that I thank him for his service to our country! Be proud! Nance [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 63 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,898 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $305.55 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
17 years ago 0 5009 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Taimi, Sometimes an event triggers a quit, sometimes a smoker just decides it's time... As long as your desire to quit outweighs your desire to smoke, you can do this. And keep posting and reading here; I cannot thank this site enough for helping me. Mr Ed :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/13/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 429 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,876 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �3217.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 69 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome mate! you have had the warnings I see.!!! Stay close we will help you Phil [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1328.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 50 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 29
17 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, my name is Taimi and I am new to this site. I quit on the 16th after a pretty major health scare. I have smoked since I was 16 and am 39 now so WAYYYY too long. I'm lucky to have a really great support system here at home and so far am doing okay but sleep patterns are kinda screwed up so I was surfing around quit smoking sites. (While hubby is great I do not think he would appreciate me waking him up at 2am because I want to smoke)..I'm actually glad I found this site..working on my milestones and then reading posts here in the forum got me through that nasty craving. Last week I landed in the hospital with heart palpitations and next thing I know I am being treated for a heart attack...it wasn't...it turned out I had a blood infection that caused my heart to go haywire but until we knew that I was pretty freaked out. Of course after I was released from the hospital I found the pack of cigs that had been in the car. I had 3 before I crumpled the pack and decided that was enough. That little incident scared me enough to push me to quit. It wasn't an easy decision to make, I really enjoyed cigarettes but my health and being here for my children is more important. My husband deploys to Iraq in June and I can't afford to land back in the hospital, gotta be here to take care of the kids. 2 days down...I am a non-smoker now and am very grateful that I found this site when I really needed it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/16/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 64 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7

Reading this thread: