Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,547 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

Introduction and a Hello

17 years ago 0 11 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Babyblue!!! Welcome, but most of all, congratulation on you decision!!! Tough days are to come, but beautiful days will follow, so take it one craving at the time and donct anticipate...^day after days its only gonna get easier, if you you made it one day, tomorrow is going to be even easier, so you can definitelly make it!!! NO DOUBT ABOUT IT!!! Trust yourself and be proud of this decision. I'm on my day 10, i smoked for 17 years and i'"m only 28...its not an easy battle but its such a rewarding one! My tricks : i changed my chewing gum (new taste in my mouth), i"m talking differents way to go to or come back from work, drink a LOT of water, walk a lot, exercice more, stretch a few minutes, or take deep breath if i have a craving...I also wrote down 400 times on a paper sheet : i dont smoke, i'm stronger than nicotine, and i make sure to keep that sheet where I can see it often... There is as much tick than ther is people on this chat room, but by reading them, you'll find you're own trick!! Hang in there babyblue, you will do it, come back often, theres is always people to support you when needed!!!
17 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi. I'm babeyblue and I have decided today (valentines day) to quit smoking. I have smoked for over 30 years and I'm only 42. I thought I would cut down by rolling my own but then I smoked more! So, I have decided I am tired of hearing my lungs sound like percolators and this horrible cough has got to go. I can barely smell anything and everything tastes bad all the time. So here I am. Nice to meet you all and thanks for letting me take the journey with you.
17 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Great news that you have decided to quit! Take this journey one hour at a time, educate yourself about nicotine, and take care of your body. It is definately mind over matter, so if you want it, you can do it. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 575 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $159.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 40
17 years ago 0 591 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Babyblue, Welcome to the SSC. Please read the post, past and present. The reasons you state for quitting are a real good indication..you are serious. We will help you. Join our fun, laughter, seriousness, tears, sadness, and stories of our trials and tribulations with this new quest to BE and STAY.. NON-SMOKERS You have the best group here to help you, "Real Ex-Smokers" who have experienced what you are now facing and can help you as you struggle through withdrawal, cravings, emotional upsets, and daily routines. Keep the Quit auntdeb :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 45 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,275 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $213.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 13 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Looking forward to having you. Have you set a date or was yesterday "it"? There is a nice workbook here and the meter helps. Stick close. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 48 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 485 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 22 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
17 years ago 0 635 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi babeyblue Congrats on your decision to quit smoking for good Keep posting Carlos [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 624 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $62 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 57 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
babey, Welcome and the pleasure is ours! Have you prepared for this? Try making a crave basket and load it with items that will help you push through the craves. Avoidance techniques can also be beneficial to your journey and can make a difference. The support and knowledge here is outstanding, so post often and ask lots of questions. We are here to guide you through this journey :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: