Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,104 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PetiteMyth, Caroline16, Pisces83, BazzViol, TGee

I am new

18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have been smoking since I was 12 when my mom died. now i have a husband with a stroke. i need to quite to help him and myself. i have tried to quite so many times i've lost count I am hoping this will help me suceed. I put on a nicorett patch this morning. and have cleaned all the ash trays.
18 years ago 0 20 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
[color=Blue]Hi and welcome. You can do this! Just remember the craves WILL pass when you get them and the longer you dont give in to them the easier it will get. Dont ever give up on quitting. [/color]
18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Kate, Have you ever thought about or tried Zyban? I'm on it right now and it does help. It doesn't stop the cravings, but it does ease it to a manageable level. There are side effects, but they go away after a couple weeks. You should talk to your doctor about it. Regards, Mel [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 44 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 896 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $220 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 45
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome and good luck!
18 years ago 0 2257 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
BajaKate (Awesome name) [IMG]http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i125/CHEARNE/welc.gif[/IMG] Hey, no cleaning ash trays, Get Rid of Them!!!! Best of luck - hope you find all you need here at the SSC. Hopefully you have already made your quit plan --use the tools on the left and WORK them everyday!!!! CobenFan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 745 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $150.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
18 years ago 0 962 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Baja Kate - The best thing that you can do for your quit is to be prepared. So...start on the Quit Program Notebook on the left under the Tools, remember to drink plenty of water, get some sugarless hard candy to put in your mouth, if necessary cut up some straws and suck in air through them or get some Twizzlers - that worked for me. It is important for your husband's health - but most of all it is important for YOUR health. You will add many more days to your life if you quit now. There are many people on this site that have smoked for many, many years and we are all in the same boat - We want to quit more than we want to smoke. I am proud of you for wanting that same thing. Stay close to the site and post when you need help. If you post instead of giving in to a craving I know you can do this! Island Girl [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/21/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 76 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 767 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $152 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
  • Quit Meter

$1,708,537.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5878 Hours: 22

Minutes: 41 Seconds: 4

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Baja Welcome to the SSC. The greatest place on earth to quit smoking. Just look around and see all the people who have done it before you. You can be one of them too. Quitting isn't easy but it is doeable. One step at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 311 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,226 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1088.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 27 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 29 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 941 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome Baja - You can do it. Now that those ashtrays are all nice and clean, throw them away! You don't need them anymore right? Keep us posted - we're pulling for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 62 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $527 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 38
  • Quit Meter

$100,234.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9179 Hours: 23

Minutes: 30 Seconds: 39

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 1151 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Kate, Welcome and congrats on your decision to quit. Sounds like you are off to a good start and hopefully this will be the last time you have to clean nasty ashtrays!! This site has TONS of great information to help you along and to get an idea of what to expect. Stay close and I'm sure you can do this. The online quit program on the left is very helpful and you can also check out the Hall of Fame to hear some amazing stories of success. Be Blessed, Sandra [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/5/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 640 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,813 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2880 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 47 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$37,927.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 656 Hours: 0

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 12

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: