Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

help

18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
cancer, The decision to quit smoking in itself is such a huge step in the right direction. It is important when deciding to quit, that we quit for the right reasons and that we truly feel we are ready to quit smoking. Honesty with one self is key to a successful quit. Be true to yourself and your endeavor to quit smoking and you will successfully succeed. If you have not, please take advantage of our free quit program as you access your glove compartment when logging on to our site. This program will help you through each step of the quitting process. Remember the SSC Support Team is always here to help you with your quit. Please keep us posted. Take Care, Melanie ______________________ The SSC Support Team
18 years ago 0 1 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Today is my first day of no smoking - although I have tried a million times. I am in my third year of remission from cervical cancer and even this did not keep me from smoking!! I am desperate to stop, not only for myself but for my two small boys! My entire life has changed so drastically in the past three years (cancer, surgical menopause, moving, divorce, career etc...)I see this as the most important step in the rest of my life as I have been tied so strongly to smoking for twenty years that I almost couldn't seperate myself from the cigarettes. I want so many things in my life(happiness, success, health) but each of these things were opposite to where I have been so far & I truly believe that I have held on to the smoking because I have been afraid to move forward. I am having a tough time, but only because I can't seem to see myself or my life without the habits that I formed around my smoking(going to store, having ashtray & lighter, sitting down for smoke, always saying"just give me a minute because I need to finish my smoke.") I think that this is my motto so far for my life - "I'll do it after this next smoke." It has been a security blanket, a friend to me for so long-but I know that it really was an excuse for me not to move forward. I am going to get through this andI know that I will then be able to move on with everything else. Cancer
18 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
congrats on making the decision to take control back of your life. I know its hard, I am on day 3 and it takes a lot of self-control. I haven;t had horrible cravings but the need to have a smoke in my hand is sometimes overwhelming! Hang in there and I am here if/when ya need!
18 years ago 0 39 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I will be thinking of you today. You have been through so much and have survived. You will do this too. May I suggest you change your name to something a little more uplifting for your psyche. You survived cancer; you are not defined by it. As far as habits or rituals associated around smoking goes, they can be changed. It just takes a little time to get used to it. Have you tried snapping elastic on your wrist? I�m sure there are many people here with great suggestions. Peace [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 286 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $47.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 852 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome! You are a cancer survivor! I have watched many of people smoke thru cancer. It is sad. You can do it! In the beginning, I associated everything with having a cig in my hands! Everything I did, I had one of them! I too lived by the saying "I'll do it in a minute! I'm finishing my smoke!" How horrible is that? To put my kids lives on hold so that I could finish my smoke??!! To not see some expirement they made, or something they built, or something they are sooo proud of -- I put it on the back burner becuz I am smoking, and I need to finish!!!!! Read a lot of posts here. It really helps. Most people find the need to replace a cig for something else. You can do it. It is a habit that is very hard to overcome, but definately do-able!!! Get in the mind frame that this is your choice. You choose not to smoke. You choose life. You choose not to let your boys watch you kill yourself a little everyday. You choose not to have them see you take your last struggling breath. Gather all info you can about smoking. Make a plan. Make it a choice, and it your new life. Go one minute at a time. That time will add up! Keep us posted! And yell out to us when you need to! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 43 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,305 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $140.61 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
18 years ago 0 319 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Friend, You can learn a lot here on this website, Try to make this Your home for the next few month,and I am dead serious if You really want to quit smokeing, You have came to the right place, Believe me, But do as Elaine suggest, Change Your name to Lucky, Lucky You found this website, You know, Most of Us have had the same feeling that You have had over the years, It's like being Married to Cigerettes, For it is very hard to live without them, Myself smoked pack and ahalf aday for like 40 years, Always thought they were something to lean on in my daily life, and stressful times, Will Friend, I found out that You can take a milk shake straw, cut it in half, and it serves the same purpose, Only You breath in fresh air, First of All, You have the greatest motivation that one can have, Those two young boys, Replace that pack of cigerettes in Your shirt pocket, with a picture of them two boys, For that's what its all about, I had two great Grandson's born out of wedlock, Who was gonna teach them to fish down the road if I kept puffing on those cigerettes, But between those two boys, and the People on this Smokeing Center from around the world Cheering me on to Quit, There was only One solution in kicking my addiction Friend, Motivating Yourself to a better life is what its all about, I think its very helpful to start out on the patches or Zyban pills for a few weeks, then gradually just wean Yourself from them, Myself when I first quit, I replaced smoking with Excercise, like walking 2 miles a day, and eating more healthy foods daily, Have just eclipsed 3 years without a cigerette touching my lips on March 10th, Don't even think of smokeing anymore, But I do still like telling Newbies to this website, To get the Eye of the Tiger, and take charge of Your journey, For We can only stand behind, hopeing Youi will see the light at the end of the tunnel, This is very doable, Just don't give up, Smokless In Oklahoma :)
  • Quit Meter

$26,892.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 885 Hours: 11

Minutes: 27 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 2534 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome cancer, A good decision. It won�t be easy, particularly with you recent life events but it will be worth it if you succeed. Whether you succeed is entirely down to you. There are plenty of aids out there to help you quit but it really depends on your determination and will to succeed. With that in place it can be done and done with some ease. Good Luck Penitent d698
  • Quit Meter

$56,958.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1128 Hours: 6

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 41

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: