Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

Day 1

18 years ago 0 1687 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angelic, [b]CONGRATULATIONS[/b] on your decision to quit smoking. I wish I had quit at your age. I also use the patch I have less than two weeks to go and I will be on my own. The patch was the only way I could do it. I still had cravings but not like I did when I went cold turkey. I admire those that can do that. You have come to a great site and I look forward to your progress. Sunshine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 57 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 976 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $199.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 17 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
  • Quit Meter

$229,923.56

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6396 Hours: 12

Minutes: 25 Seconds: 40

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 893 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi and congrats on making such a wise decision, I wish that I too had decided to quit when I was 25. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 326 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �67.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 56 [B]Seconds:[/B] 16
18 years ago 0 52 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Angelic, Good for you - as you know this forum is great for advice and support - all the best in your quit, oh and YOU CAN DO IT.... [b]"stay strong and no junkie thinking"[/b][b]Text[/b] Peter [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 846 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 59 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello everyone...Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Angelic and I am 25 years old. I have been smoking for 6 years about a pack and a half a day. This is now my 7th time quitting. The longest I have ever made it was 6 days without smoking at all. All the other times I must admit I cheated. I would have maybe one cig a day but never really totally quit. I really really want to make it this time. I am looking forward to living my life as a non smoker. I am currently using the patch which I must say is really working for me. Anyone close in my quit date I would love to chat..... Angelic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/4/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 20 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.72 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
18 years ago 0 2027 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi, Angelic. Congratulations on quitting smoking and welcome to the SSC. It's so good to see someone quitting early in their life. You say you've quit 6 other times, but you cheated. That's not quitting, that's just cutting way back for a while. Nicotine is an addictive drug that works on the brain much like cocaine does, but it's much more addictive than cocaine. Lab rats have died ignoring food, water, and heroin just to satisfy their nicotine craving. Luckily, we're not lab rats so we can beat this thing. The point is, every time you sneak a smoke you are restarting the addiction process, allowing it to regain control over you. The patch helps by providing a controlled and safe substitute delivery method for the nicotine while you get used to not handling cigarettes (the habit part). And it provides a slow reduction in the amount of nicotine in you which minimizes the craving that is the undoing of so many quitters. Stay close, Angelic. Read and learn what works for others. Post often, let us know how you're doing and how we can help. This is a wonderful decision you've made for your life. :) Shevie [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/23/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 286 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,720 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1086.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 53 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
18 years ago 0 135 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
CONGARATULATIONS ANGELIC on your decision to quit smoking. You are at the right place for information and encouragement. My first few weeks I spent many hours just reading posts and learning what others were doing to help them with their quit. I, too, used the patch. I would only advise you to use as directed and not quit early thinking you had everything under control. I made that mistake several times. Let us hear from you as you travel the smoke-free trail. Hugs, Nan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/18/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 321 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,400 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1219.8 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 40 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
18 years ago 0 1110 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations on a great decision to quit. Read and post here all you can it really helps. Concentrate on you and only you. THis can be done and it is worth it!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/21/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 318 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,367 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2385 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
18 years ago 0 1521 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Good Morning Angelic, The decision to quit smoking in itself is such a huge step in the right direction. It is important when deciding to quit, that we quit for the right reasons and that we truly feel we are ready to quit smoking. Honesty with one self is key to a successfull quit. Be true to yourself and your endeavor to quit smoking and you will successfully succeed. If you have not, please take advantage of our free quit program as you access your glove compartment when logging on to our site. This program will help you through each step of the quitting process. Remember the SSC Support Team is always here to help you with your quit. Please keep us posted! Melanie _____________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: