Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,542 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf

Newcomer

18 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you redrosie, for your encouragement! It's much appreciated. Diane
Thank you, Christine, for your encouragement and for welcoming me to this forum. I look forward to coming back each and every day. Diane
[font=Comic Sans MS]I am very new here .. This is my first day without a cigarrette and i'm going nuts! Some moments are better than others. I pray for continued courage and guidance through the first 30 days.[/font]
18 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diane, I'm new here too, but I have been quit for 40 days. It is so worth it once you get past those first two weeks! Hang in there! Lynda
18 years ago 0 456 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Diane ! Welcome aboard. Day one .. yea that's hard. But, you will can do it and we can help. (Sounds like Home Depot ad.. ha !) The first 3 days are really hard and you will need support. This website is the best thing that happened to me. People here are going through the same thing you are.. we understand and will help you. You are not alone in this !! I just met another new member called Doc, he quit today too.. I sent him some "quitting" advise and I am copying it here for you : There is a new club forming for people who quit smoking in February 06. It is being run by FairyDust.. We are looking for a name and for new members.. you are welcome and invited. Pick up some hard candy.. it will help with the cravings.. red hots, lemonheads, sunflower seeds, nuts, etc. get 3 different kinds for variety... Get rid of all cigarettes and ashtrays and give yourself 0 access. Drink lots of water or tea or cranberry juice. These will help flush the nicotine out of your system faster. In 3 days you will pass the physical addiction and it really is easier after that. Look at quitting for what it really is.. rehab. Pamper yourself and make the next few days about YOU. Rest when you need to, vent when you need to. Eat a bit more if you need to. Let others know that this is your time.. it helps them to be supportive. YOU HAVE MADE THE RIGHT DECISION !!! YOU CAN DO THIS !!!! HANG TUFF !! Christine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
18 years ago 0 1079 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You can do it, we can help!! Good one Chris. Actually we are all under constuction here aren't we? Hi Dianne, Welcome. You HAVE come to the right place if you really want to quit. There are lots of useful tools and great support and advice. Like Chris said you really have to prepare to do this right. Make sure you have snacks and plans on how to cope with your cravings. I found in the first week I had to keep busy, busy, busy. You CAN do this! Post often, it really does help. [color=Red]redrosie[/color] [IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e58/saggysac/believers.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 42 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,021 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $348.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi from the mad englishman Diane. You carry on going nuts......we don't mind............just don't smoke! Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 467 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5
18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice to see newer folks offering up encouragement to those just beginning. Strength is in the numbers. Together we can do this. Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1616 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 97,005 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16160 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 333 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$122,628.60

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8384 Hours: 23

Minutes: 51 Seconds: 52

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diane, Welcome to the site. Please take the time to look around and see the difference the site and its members can make. Take the time to prepare and really set your mind to this journey. Please post often with thoughts and questions and let us know how we can help. Keep Strong, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: