Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

I like cigs YUK

18 years ago 0 160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I think it helps tremendously to actually grieve the loss of our friend, Mr. Stogie. gpw [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 33
18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello Friends.... I'm back... DAY 18 ! feeling great and have earned a new nickname.. Millie helps me to be " millitant" with being a reformed smoker! I'm done! 28 years... YUK is right! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 18 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 833 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $270 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hello all Day 12 here and I miss cigs. Using the patch and am fighting the urge.Not much withdrawl but alot of craving... HELP! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/11/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 553 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $180 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
18 years ago 0 254 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey........12 days is fantastic!!! Are you willing to give that up for a smoke? And what happens AFTER that "one smoke"? 30 minutes later you want another, then another.....it never ends! Think hard about WHY you are craving. Are you experiencing something now that before you would do with a smoke? Try to change up your routine, if you can. The actual cravings only last a few minutes........but don't obsess, you will be sitting there all day craving if you do that! Just say 'no' and stop focusing on it and it will leave........they always do.......and as I have read somewhere before "no one has ever died from withdrawl". But you can be darn sure you'll die from smoking. Good luck. Stay strong!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/19/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 529 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $236.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 32 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
18 years ago 0 711 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Day 18 is great, next target....day 19. One at a time Hoss Well done Brent [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/8/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 368 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �260 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
18 years ago 0 63 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too miss my butts, yet I have determination to quit. And on day 12 you do too. So allow yourself to miss them just don't smoke. 12 will then be 24 and 24 will be 48........... Welcome to SSC and keep up the good quit. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/10/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,107 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $399 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 13 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
18 years ago 0 563 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoss, Congratulations on your decision to quit and welcome to the SSC. I used the patch to quit and I was never really bothered that much by craves when I was on them. I started with the 21 mg patch and used it for 2 weeks. I then stepped down to the 14 mg and finally the 7 mg. Always remember that we are nicotine addicts and quitting means to go through withdrawal, of which craving is part of it. With the patch on you are at least receiving some nicotine so the cravings shouldn't be that bad, but we are all different. Try to have some healthy snacks around when a crave hits and perhaps you may want to chew on a straw. Remember that a crave generally won't last more then a few minutes, but for those few minutes it can seem like an eternity. Come here and read if you have the chance and post all you want. You may want to start a journal to write about your feelings and what you are dealing with. Writing is good therapy for many things. When you write you have to focus on the topic and that may help to distract you from the craving. Hang tough. It really does get better with time. [b][color=Green]Be Strong. Be Smart. Be Quit.[/color] [color=black]Joe[/color] [size=3][color=Blue]Knowledge Replaces Fear[/color][/size] [size=2][color=black]Illegitimus non carborundum est[/color][/size][/b] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 253 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,333 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $619.85 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 44 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 18
  • Quit Meter

$36,332.80

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 9768 Hours: 8

Minutes: 13 Seconds: 58

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 407 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
It sounds like deep breathing to me might help here. The patch is a good tool but not a cure all. I used the 3 levels for a total of 12 weeks and weathered the storm. You can too! Lindsey [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/10/2001 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1596 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 95,783 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $15960 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 329 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
  • Quit Meter

$122,623.20

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 8384 Hours: 16

Minutes: 9 Seconds: 37

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 763 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
ask yourselves how you can truly miss something that is going to kill you? Be honest.....you will see that you are just an addict craving a fix. In truth there is nothing about smoking to 'miss'. Addiction to nicotine causes stress and desease...... On the other hand there is lots that you WERE missing by smoking! Make lists! Think positive always.....fill your mind with list of good reasons to stay quit! hang tough....kick butt Katy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/4/2002 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1486 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 59,460 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $8173 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 193 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
  • Quit Meter

$158,956.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5343 Hours: 4

Minutes: 10 Seconds: 50

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

18 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hoss, Welcome to our support community. Distract yourself and the craving will see less. Clean the house, exercise , grab a hobby, read a book, take a hot shower! Anything you can do to avoid the situation that cause the crave will help you for next time. Keep up the fantastic work, 12 days is awesome! You can do this, Josie ______________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: