Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,501 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

In the Beginning I kept a Journal

16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That gave me warm fuzzies, BC. It felt so very real reading it. Thanks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 209 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,270 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,222.65 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 18 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 53 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
16 years ago 0 567 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW Blue Cloud--that was really powerful & touching. Thank you for sharing this. It is a fact --we come to believe that cigarettes are our best friend--& we use them to help us through happy and sad times. Thanks for giving me faith that this can be accomplished. {{{hugs}}} [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/1/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 570 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $128.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 5 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks for sharing that Blue. It really brings us all back to what is important that being us and our quits and the excuses we used to continue. Looking forward to celebrating your big day soon and seeing you at the 4 season resort. I will be waiting and waving a rose for you. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 365 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10,950 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,558.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Blue Cloud, I kept a journal in the very beginning too. Now that I look back at how really difficult it was for me in the first month or two, it isn't so bad now. I had forgotten all about the journal. I know I need to heal, but more than that, learn that things can be enjoyed without a cigarette. I learn that everytime I try a new thing. I am bringing that journal out again and I am going to start writing in it. Then when I am at 259 days, I will pull something out and help somebody else, like you helped me. Thanks Again. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 105 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $393.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 49
16 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks Blue Cloud. A nice reminder of where we all come from. Keep the Quit Sparky [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]4/30/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 325 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,250 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $975.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 46 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 1
16 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for sharing this with our members BC. You've come a long way since your start! Danielle, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 1160 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
This is the 14th day. There are times I think I need to smoke to calm my nerves. I know that is the junkie talking to me. I will not listen. Smoking a cigarette is not going to change any thing I�m thinking about. I am taking time for just me. Oh, I still care about all the things and people around me. They do make up my life. What is changing is the fact that I am no longer going to see myself as a failure. I am at a place and time in my life where I have a choice as to how I want to be. I have been smoking since I was 13 yrs old and I have learned to smoke a cigarette and numb the feelings. I smoked to avoid dealing with emotion. I smoked to avoid having to deal with loneliness . I smoked to avoid dealing with betrayal. I smoked and I created my own little fantasy world with my own little fantasy family. I�ve heard it said �It�s like peeling an onion.� Layer by layer you uncover the wounds and let them heal. I am finding it very hard to accept the fact that I must be able to forgive before I am able to heal. Forgive myself. I am the one who is continuing to do things that I know are harmful to me just to avoid dealing with the problem emotionally. I was reading N2 and A1 post and felt compelled to share with them from my journal. We are real and it really hurts to quit. It really feels good to have 259 days nicotine free. Hang in there, it gets much better. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]7/4/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 259 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,180 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,036.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 34 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 28

Reading this thread: