Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

When you stop taking Zyban

16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]10/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 40 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $7.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey, D. Welcome. The Wellbutrin didn't work for me, made me crazy. Kinda redundant, as anyone here will tell you! But, it worked very well for my sister. In fact, she felt so much better that she didn't stop taking it. She has been quit for 10 months & has lost about 30 pounds. She is also the happiest, most easy-going & active that I have ever seen her. In fact, she's freakin' gorgeous & I'm gonna get on the phone & tell her so, right now! So, yeah, don't worry about the "what-if". Concentrate on your quit for now & see how it goes! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 142 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,840 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,562.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 14 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 4 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi D, I quit using wellbutrin and it worked like a charm...really curbed the craves. While on it, it made me REALLY irritable, and could've killed someone. Go figure....hoping for a happy pill and it made me angry. Anyway, I was also concerned about coming off it, I was afraid I would have more cravings when I stopped. I even considered asking my Dr. for another month of pills. I changed my mind, and it I didn't notice any difference. I think I had myself so worked up about it that I didn't trust my resolve to quit. I got a little weepy after coming off, but so many people say that it's a normal part of quitting anyway. It lasted about 3 days. Then all was back to normal, except for my getting on hubby's case for smoking around me. You and your wife can remind eachother of your reasons for quitting. You'll do great. Andrea [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 482 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,640 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,289.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 41 [B]Hrs:[/B] 1 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 1093 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi D - Welcome to the site. I haven't taken Zyban myself but my ex-husband has taken it to aid in stopping smoking a couple different times. He felt it was very helpful to him and I don't recall him ever having side effects after coming off of it. I think, for him, what it did was make the anxiety and mood swings from quitting less severe and more managable. Kept him level so to speak. By the time he came off the Zyban, all of that had already been resolved. Good luck! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/25/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 38 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,140 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $222.30 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 10 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
16 years ago 0 2462 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
D, I'm not an expert on this and perhaps one of the moderators can provide accurate information. It is my understanding that Zyban and Welbutrin are the same. They are not nicotine replacements -- they are antidepressants that seem to help when quitting smoking. I do suggest however, that you not worry about the future right now. Don't even worry about tomorrow. Focus on now. Take your time quitting and do it one day at a time. Sometimes you might have to do it an hour at a time. I think we have all found that not smoking that next cigarette is the absolute best way to quit. Rusty :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/13/2004 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1023 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 28,644 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $3,580.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 144 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
  • Quit Meter

$54,964.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 649 Hours: 1

Minutes: 2 Seconds: 54

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My wife and I are on day 2 of not smoking while taking Zyban. It's working real good so far. Cravings are very manageable as compared to cold turkey. My question/concern is what will happen when we stop taking Zyban? Will the cravings return for a time? What kinds of problems have people had with stopping zyban after quitting smoking using it?

Reading this thread: