Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,461 Members

Please welcome our newest members: splumley, Angelbaby, kencatly, jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA

questions about the patch

16 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I used the off brand patches and found they stuck quite nicely on my hip or bottom (any hairless place is best). I've heard they should be applied to your upper body, but I didn't have any problems with nicotine delivery to my system. I also had a friend who wore them on her lower back. I did not shower with it on and I took it off before bed (I never got up in the middle of the night to smoke before). I also completely changed my morning routine (I didn't leave my bathroom until I was finished getting ready and started eating breakfast right before I left for work)- these changes really helped reduce the tiggers and that "habit" of smoking. Good luck to you! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,410 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $300.80 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 31 [B]Seconds:[/B] 13
16 years ago 0 3541 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I have found that the name brands stick better, too. Make sure you don't have any lotion or oil on the area where you're going to put it & humidity makes them less sticky as well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/13/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 27 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 540 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $297.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
When it doesn't stick well, they say to use rubbing alcohol to prepare your skin first, to help it stick better. I did have some trouble with them sticking. The brand name ones work better than the store brand. And yes the dreams, I didn't mind the dreams. Read the booklet that comes with them, there is alot of info there. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 95 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,375 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,002.25 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 33 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
16 years ago 0 5 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Has anyone else had trouble with the patch sticking all day? Whenever I take a shower, which I've been taking more to help relax, it falls off...am I suppose to take it off before the shower and then will it re-stick? Last night it fell off around 6 and I thought I could "tuff it" out until this morning, as I didn't want to put another patch on...these things are not cheap. Ackkk a big mistake, this morning was brutal..I did sleep like a baby with no wild/crazy dreams though. But the cravings this morning, and my mood was HORRIBLE. I have the name brand patches, thinking they might be better than the off brand I tried in my other quit, but seems these don't stick as well. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/31/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 8 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $28.40 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 12
16 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I dont mean to be rude but the only place I could get the patches to work and stick was on my bottom! Wife was hugely amused by the little black marks!! Me x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 304 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,688 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1,596.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 59 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 20 [B]Seconds:[/B] 34
16 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you for the tips, I'll try the alcohol, by afternoon they start coming loose even though they are name brand patches, the store brand didnt last an hour! Putting it on later in the day also sounds like a good idea, as thats when I have the most trouble. Thank you again, this gives me hope. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 150 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $24.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
16 years ago 0 710 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Smoke free, Hi Bobbi here, I just went off the patches Tuesday, did all, 21mg for 6 weeks, 14mg 2 weeks, 7mg 2 weeks, the hardest step down for me was 14 to 7 the first week only, then got fine, since I have been off any nic in body feel better, so far, of course I have found that you never know from one day to the next what to expect. Sooooo I just go with the flow, on the good days I really suck it in as much as I can to help on the bad days. I started out wearing the patch every morn. craved to much in the eve. hard time so changed to putting new one on around 6 p.m. wore them 24 hrs. every day, and that worked much better for me. I couldn't have done it without the patches, tried 3 other times cold turkey and couldn't do it! I smoked 50 years, right now my hardest time is trying to figure out who I am now as a non smoker, lol lol sure a learning experience, this process isn't only to quit smoking but but also to retrain yourself, like a baby being born again, well for me anyway since I smoked all my adult life, knew no other life without cigs. soon as ZI get through all this oh boy is it ever going to be great!!!!!! I also rubbed alchol on my skin let dry and applied the patch, always moved the patch to different spot each night. I wish you much luck, if there are any other questions please let me know and I sure will try to help. hugs and prayers, Bobbi :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/27/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 73 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $182.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
16 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Smoke free me! Yes the Patch is supposed to deliver so much nicotine over 24 hrs, but as you noticed, it does get lean towards the end of day. Not many people have commented about it though, as a lot take it off at the end of the day. I wore mine 24 hrs, and the drop off didn't bother me. Check to make sure they are sticking good, as when they are loose they don't work as well. Is it a name brand product or store brand? As I have heard the store brands aren't quite as good. it is probably not a great idea to put a new patch on for the evening, for one would be cost (2 per day) If it doesn't bother you in the morning as much maybe try putting your new patch at lunch time, or 2:00pm each day, that way you'll have the full dose for the evening. Otherwise, check with your Pharmacy! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 94 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,350 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $991.70 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
16 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi A smoke free me, I am assuming that you are on the highest dosage the 21 mg patch since it looks like 2 1/2 packs a day? What does the instructions say on the box? As I recall the patch delivers an even dosage of nicitine over the period. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 501 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 9,018 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2,755.50 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 91 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 52
16 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Does the nicotine in patches wear off as the day goes on? I put one on every morning and I do really well during the day but late afternoons and nights are pure horror. Would it help to put on a new patch in the afternoon or is that a big no no? [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]6/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $16.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 45 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19

Reading this thread: