Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,697 Members

Please welcome our newest members: LLYKA, aseprodi, KaydeeChy, VLOVELY KEITH, Sav

Having probelms with my stats

17 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Since Sunday, September 17, 2006, I've been smoke-free for: 1 Days, 20 Hours, 39 Minutes, 34 Seconds. I have saved $13.18 by not smoking 37 cigarettes. By not smoking I have added 3 Hours, 42 Minutes, 52 seconds. to my life expectancy. It says I have saved $5.52 but I use to spend 6.90 a pack and i'm almost on my second day. I have 6.90 in my stat thingy. :confuse:
17 years ago 0 99 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I was talking about the amount spent on cigarettes not on the life part. I'm sorry I didn't make myself clearer. :)
17 years ago 0 227 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi yes mine has never been right also I put down a pack and 1/2 per day at 3.98 per pack and my meter in money saved is way off.
  • Quit Meter

$163,580.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6106 Hours: 20

Minutes: 44 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry, Perhaps I have read it wrong :) The figures will jump around a little. Take it to day three and it should work itself out give or take a few cents. Make sure that your profile is correct, and let me know via feedback if you have anymore problems :) Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
The Life Gained methodology in our quit meter was developed by researchers, clinical scientists and behavioural psychologists and is based on recent life expectancy data. A person's life expectancy is estimated by calculating the mean number of remaining years of life within a large group of similar persons of the same age. Life expectancy is not the predicted survival time for that particular person, but the average survival time of similar persons. It is now widely accepted that smoking results in a substantial increase in mortality rates, and thus a decrease in life expectancy. We cannot speak for any of the other quit meters, but many of them are based on a �set variables�. Our Life Gained methodology is much more sophisticated and is based on a number of variables such as your sex, your age, number of years that you smoked, and how old you were when you quit. Sometimes our stats may jump around a bit as the amount of life that you gain changes as you age and as you remain smoke-free. Other quit meters are more linear, which means that they do not account for all of the complex variables that the SSC Quit Meter does. One thing that all quit meters do tell us is that you most definitely increase your life expectancy when you quit smoking! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: