Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

HelpPlease

2024-04-15 2:59 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.747 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,458 Members

Please welcome our newest members: jrawrz, AMARIAH BETTINA, HelpPlease, Nallemor, Snaffums

10 years

9 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey lolly congrats on 10 years . Be pushing 2 years this may , you have me some nice advice in my early quit days thanks a lot
9 years ago 0 618 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi,

Just a quick post to thank those who gave me an 'Attagirl' for my anniversary.  I'm glad I quit in time to save my life too Working!  I do think we 'oldies' should remind everyone that it can be done!

Love Lolly.    
9 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Lolly,

Congratulations on your decade of freedom.

Sorry that you didn't quit in time to prevent all negative effects. Glad that you did quit in time to save your life.

You have long been a kind and inspiring voice on this board. Here's wishing you many more smoke free years. 
  • Quit Meter

$22,459.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 600 Hours: 10

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 9

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 2508 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carol!
I just stopped by and saw your post.
Big Congratulations !! to you on your 10 year anniversary. 
I am so touched and inspired your story..

Thank you as always,

Roses..

9 years ago 0 796 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Carol,
 Sorry I missed  your 10 year anniversary. Congratulations on your decade of freedom from the Nico-Demon. You're proof to others that it can and DOES happen with determination and will power.
Once again, what a great accomplishment.  
Stay strong. 

• Quit Meter

$23,111.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 769 Hours: 4

Minutes: 16 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

9 years ago 0 11212 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
WOW!

Congratulations Lolly! Amazing achievement.

Your positive attitude is inspirational. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Ashley, Health Educator
Hi Ron,

I only pop in here on the stats parade now and then in case I miss a big one.  I'm not American, I am Scottish, but so many on this site way back when, were busy celebrating Thanksgiving, so I decided it was an appropriate time for me to quit.  I was being thankful for quitting. so I had no extra stresses,,,quitting was stress enough!!!  Thanks for posting!

Love Lolly.    
9 years ago 0 377 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Carol,
I had forgot you quit on Thanksgiving time.  Wow I don't think I would have been able to do that with all the family stress that happens that time of year.  The good news is it worked for you and here you are 10 years later still going strong.  Yes our understandings when we are younger are sometimes a little misplaced when it comes to our health and how we view ourselves and the world.  Once we quit we realize how important it was that we made such a decision, sometimes wondering why not sooner.  The good news is you spent your last 10 years taking care of yourself, nourishing yourself, helping others, and cherishing the time you are here on the planet.  I think that deserves a big celebration.  

Good Going!
 R
9 years ago 0 361 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
  Big congratulations .
 I quit smoking at Thanksgiving time....10 years ago! The first real biggie (10 whole years) and I forgot!

I am not celebrating except in my mind, but I will say one thing...When I was smoking, I always looked at people on Oxygen, and thought...I will never end up like that. I did not quit in time, plus the cancer I had did not help either, but here I am on 12 hours of oxygen a day. I stay positive and do the best I can to make the best of my life. Thanks to all my quit buddies who were with me and who helped me along.

Love Lolly/Carol. 

Reading this thread: