Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,517 Members

Please welcome our newest members: AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12, Fwcl

28 days done

10 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hey Hamlet!!

Great looking stats!!!   Keep hanging in there, buddy!!!  I promise those urges will lessen with time, but you still have to take it one day at a time!  Keep your eyes on the prize!!  Freedom is totally awesome!!! 

Jim
  • Quit Meter

$44,257.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 7

Minutes: 52 Seconds: 53

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 1140 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Yay, Hamlet! Congratulations on your 4 weeks. If this were February, you'd be at 1 month! 

Sometimes, the desire to smoke can increase around milestone moments like this. I'm not sure exactly why, but it seems to be part of the ex-smoker's head trip that some of us have to deal with.Also, the first month really is the worst. In my first month, I still thought about cigarettes several times every day, and those thoughts and images were very intense. Just realize that it will pass, and your overall craving level will decrease over time. Even with a few spikes here and there, thoughts of smoking will keep going down. You can use to crave diary here to watch the results for yourself.  It can be very reassuring to see that trend when one is going through an occasional spike. 

In the meantime, I'm glad that you are sticking to it. Proud of you. 

• Quit Meter

$22,536.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 602 Hours: 11

Minutes: 57 Seconds: 27

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

10 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Your getting there Hamlet!  Great news - Congrats and keep it up bud :) your doing Great! 
10 years ago 0 1853 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Hamlet, 
2 days away from getting through zombie month!  We're so very proud of you!! 
Continue to stay strong and push through the cravings.  What has helped you succeed so far? 
Vincenza, Health Educator
10 years ago 0 3307 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on 28 day=4 weeks .  I don't know if that urge ever leaves but it does get lesser.  I have given in so many times and each time I did I had to start over with day one again, not fun.  So this time I am tell myself that I am a Non-Smoker and that is what you are too.  Let's see you back with the day adding up and the smokes not smoked!!  Again a big Congratulation!!

Keep the Quit
Sparky 
10 years ago 0 87 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi guys 28days done , happy with myself . Last day or so getting really strong urges to smoke thinking feel better if have a smoke . How ever resisted so far delighted when look at stats so many no smoked and it is a good feeling in morning when you have done another day free. If could just shake the thoughts of smoking , know it takes time just not going to smoke today and fight on .

Reading this thread: