Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Smile....and don't shoot the messenger

Timbo637

2024-09-27 3:17 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

Site seems a little faster

Timbo637

2024-09-05 4:43 PM

Quit Smoking Community

logo

What are negative core beliefs?

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-17 7:35 PM

Depression Community

logo

Creating a stress plan

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-07-08 4:16 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.765 posts in 47.065 threads.

161,149 Members

Please welcome our newest members: sebbes, Petra23, Mimi34, istruggle4life, schcgtest1

2 week milestone

15 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Fantastic, MammaD!!!!  Enjoy your smoke-free holiday weekend.  You have completed the most challenging two-weeks of the quit process.  Keep up your efforts.

For your barbeque, I suggest taking a platter of carrots and celery sliced lengthwise.  It gives your fingers something familiar to do and the celery takes about as much time to work through as does a smoke.

You will do fine.  Have a plan and SHARE with your family/friends your accomplishment, goals and how it has changed your life.  Enlisting the support and feedback from others is so empowering.  You can be the beacon that lights the way for others around you.

Keep the Quit,

Dave

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/19/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 124
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,720
Amount Saved: $976.50
Life Gained:
Days: 20 Hrs: 6 Mins: 13 Seconds: 9

• Quit Meter

$51,918.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1199 Hours: 13

Minutes: 6 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

15 years ago 0 625 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Stay Strong........that 2 weeks is HUGE!!!
You are doing Great........

Keeping the Quit

Huggggs and Cooooookies
Bob

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/27/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 116
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,480
Amount Saved: $487.20
Life Gained:
Days: 24 Hrs: 7 Mins: 23 Seconds: 41

15 years ago 0 855 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
 2 weeks is huge, keep on going,  good Job :) Tresa
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/8/2002
Smoke-Free Days: 2479
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 59,496
Amount Saved: $10,411.80
Life Gained:
Days: 322 Hrs: 1 Mins: 27 Seconds: 33

15 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mamma, good luck this weekend!  You can do this!  You know how to say N.O.P.E.  You have 14 days smoke free!  You are fighting the addiction and you are winning each and every day!!!
Ashley made some wonderful points!  When I first quit, I avoided situations where others were smoking as I couldn't risk giving into temptation.  I like how you are planning on keeping busy by working the grill, but just be careful that you don't get too smoky!   Ask everybody you are with not to smoke near you.  If it gets too much, find an excuse to leave the situation.  Your friends will understand!  Have an escape.  Don't let your car get blocked in.  Find a place in the house to hide.  Have a laptop or computer nearby so you can get to this site if you need help!  Your quit is more important than being with the "cool kids who smoke", and in reality, smoking isn't cool!  Show them all how wonderful 2 weeks smoke free looks on you!  Congratulations on surviving Heck Week!!!

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 8/20/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 275
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 11,000
Amount Saved: $2,200.00
Life Gained:
Days: 41 Hrs: 2 Mins: 26 Seconds: 24

15 years ago 0 51 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0

Great work....Keep saying NOPE.  You can be strong and get through this long holiday weekend.  Tell your friends and family to help you get through the social part of not smoking.  I felt real tired and missed my smokes so much when I first stopped.  You will make it through this....keep strong.

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 1/5/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 137
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,055
Amount Saved: $378.12
Life Gained:
Days: 13 Hrs: 9 Mins: 19 Seconds: 50

15 years ago 0 11226 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Be very careful Mamma D.  GUAAT!

Generally, in the beginning, we recommend avoiding situations where you might have increased temptation and/or triggers.  If you must attend this gathering be sure you are ready!  It sounds like you have some good coping mechanisms in place.  Will you  be prepared to leave the event if the temptation becomes too strong?  Have you told family members? How do you think they can support you further in your quit during this event?

Members, any advice?

Ashley, Health Educator
15 years ago 0 86 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Despite all the ups and downs I did make it !!! Feeling good today but know with family gatherings and alcohol coming up over this weekend, I have a huge challenged.  Although I do like to indulge, I have never associated drinking and smoking.  Being with friends and family and socializing is the fun part.  I love to grill and hope that will occupy my hands.  I plan to keep plenty of water around  as well.  I'm still feel very tired and kinda depressed but hopefully it will get better.  Keep saying NOPE
My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/8/2009
Smoke-Free Days: 14
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 140
Amount Saved: $65.45
Life Gained:
Days: 1 Hrs: 21 Mins: 59 Seconds: 46

Reading this thread: