Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,545 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Water&Forest, MBERNICE ASTRID, SLOVELY MAE, BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57

standing tall on the float at the head of my parade

17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
From Loss Comes Strength From Gail C. Berreitter You have lived in my life a long time You have flourished in my memories Gone now, but with your spirit still alive I watch cautiously as each day passes Ever vigilant for your cruel lies. There were many things I wanted to do, So many words I wanted to say But I was mesmerized by your touch. Through days of sorrow and anguish and pain I couldn't find the words to say goodbye. I had to find the strength to let you go To lay you down to rest eternally. I thought I was so very fortunate To have had you all these wonderful years but your deceiving ways have taught me much. I remember how hard it was at first I think of all the tears shed when you left I became so bewildered and lost You were a ghost violating my mind Trying once again to captivate me. You, in your Machiavellian custom Thought I would become putty in your hands. You disregarded my strength deep within. You forgot that I have survived loss. That I made it through the stresses of death. I have lived most of my life with you But I can no longer love you this way. My mind does not want my body to rot. Four months of suffering the loss of you I am now free from your demonic ways. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I found this poem and it says so much. I had this fear of losing a piece of my life if I were to stop smoking, it defined me. I let it define who I was. all the time I stood alone, not realizing how much this "Friend" was my worst enemy. This "Friend" who I thought was a part of my life was hindering my life, it was tearing my soul apart. It was the small part of me that was asking for the death sentence. It wasnt who I was, it wasnt a part of me. I listened to people who said "Cigs were controlling my life" Being one of inner love, I knew and found that Cigs never controlled my life, I controlled it, I decided to smoke, I decided to kill myself over time. I decided to let this demon invade my body mind and soul. Today I stand on my float, high as the eye can see, with air so clean and so fresh that taking that deep breath is no longer a way to get through a demon attack but a way of life to refresh my lungs. Breathing this fresh new air and smelling the fragrances of
17 years ago 0 613 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dawn: Well, look who's firmly in control now!! Congratulations on your 30-day mark! Keep the faith - and your great quit! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 114 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,590 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $912 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 15 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 11 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi there live4my2boys congrats on hitting tthe 30 day mark well done this is awesome lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 98 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,481 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �392 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 47
  • Quit Meter

$113,545.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6492 Hours: 6

Minutes: 22 Seconds: 35

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Live4myboyz, You've come a long way both in your quit and on a personal level these past 30 days. We couldn't be prouder of all the progress you've made. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us today and congratulations on 30 days! Danielle _________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: