Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

Day Six - Cold turkey

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everybody, Just wanted to let everyone know that today is day six for me. I feel pretty good now and have started weight lifting again. Haven't done that for quite awhile. It has been hard going cold turkey. I got some hypnosis tapes when I first quit. The tapes have a way of putting a thousand pieces of common sense in your head. I'm not sure if it's the reason I'm staying strong or just a help but I would reccomend it. Also it's good to have a goal. In my spare time I am a songwriter and have recorded a couple of my songs. I am putting my quit money aside to go back to the studio. Having goals (at least for me) is great motivation to stop
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 61 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks everybody, Well today is day seven and I'm feeling pretty good. I liked the comment about being sleepy, I got that the last time I tried to quit using the patch. This ways a bit more interesting I guess. Sometimes I feel like I could lift a car over my head even though I know thats not possible. Sometimes I feel like I don't know what's going on at all and space out. I have a mentor at work and told him yesterday that in case he's wondering I'm not a crazy person that spaces out every five minutes I just quit smoking. He laughed and congratulated me. Dear SimpleSong I'm sure you will be fine. I like the common sense of the hypnosis tapes ie - "smoking is dumb because it is dumb and you know this because you can see the dumbness in its dumb," anyways you get the point. It's hard to argue with blunt logic I guess. Congrats to everyone else who is staying strong. This is a great site and I was skeptical at first but find it very uplifting to know that I'm not alone. Besides none of my friends will quit with me and my wife quit a couple years ago.
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 100 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Jojo0195 You can be proud of yourself for getting as far as you are. I admire your perseverance and hope I'm able to do as well. I like the hypnosis tapes too. Yesterday was my first day and I think they were the thing that did the most to me get through it. Keep up the good work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 43 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $4.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 38 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 2670 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
well done jojo, and congrats on getting to day 6 you are doing well lynnexx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/24/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 24 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 362 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �96 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
  • Quit Meter

$113,512.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6490 Hours: 7

Minutes: 18 Seconds: 36

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 738 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome! I am jealous that you have any energy to lift weights! I have been soo sleepy for days now! But you have the right idea, goals, positive self talk, and most of all, NOPE = Not One Puff Ever Denise[IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p300/DeeKaySss/dancingsmparrot.gif[/IMG] [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 10/16/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 32 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 961 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $240 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 17 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 36
17 years ago 0 318 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/22/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 56 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,243 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $504 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
17 years ago 0 2039 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Nice work, Jojo! Sounds like you're really motivated. And hey, I'm sure there's something to hypnosis. song writing? Pour your creativity into that and forget about smoking. I love to write too, novels though. I've written two in the past seven years. Just have to get them out. Keep the great work and keep posting here. It really helps. Cheers, Jan [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/14/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 2 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 88 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $18 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 56
17 years ago 0 1985 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I too friend The weights have a way of bringing the meaning of life to the soul. Great 6 days and post for us and write us quit song!
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Welcome...keep up the good work! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 70 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 3,527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $560 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 7 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Jojo0195, Goal setting is a great motivational strategy! It is important that you get something tangible out of this quit so be sure to keep up with this strategy. Congrats on 6 days! Keep up the great progress, you're doing well! Danielle ________________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: