Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,520 Members

Please welcome our newest members: FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA, JD7, Ww12

Hell Week is Over

12 years ago 0 55 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there Jenny...there are some times that will get to you...but just count the seconds out loud as often as you need to to get through the urge! Congrats on your HELL WEEK Over!  Yes coffee tastes so much better and so does EVERYTHING ELSE...and the SMELLS...WOW I can smell when someone is cooking next door now LOL.
GOOD JOB JENNY!

Debby 
12 years ago 0 639 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats, Jenny!!!! Hell Week be gone......Push on through Heck Week.......Keep your resolve strong...drink tons of ice water.....and post, post, post and read, read, read.  

You are worth the effort!!!!!

Keep the Quit,

Dave
  • Quit Meter

$50,480.15

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1124 Hours: 15

Minutes: 29 Seconds: 2

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

12 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
How am I going to hold onto this.  Well I guess just the same way I have been doing things all along.  I always chew gum, drink alot of ice water, and I always carry a straw or a stir stick with me. In the evening I like to have bubble bath with a book, that helps take my mind off everything.   I always have either a stir stick in my hand when I am driving.  I am not sure how I picked that up but I really find it helps me when I am driving.  I do have great support at home, my hubby has been a non-smoker for just over a year so he knows what I am going through. 
My thoughts when I want to smoke I think of my parents.....both of them died very young from smoking related illnesses.  My mom had emphysema and my dad had pancreatic cancer. These are my biggest reasons for really wanting to keep this quit. My parents were very young when the pass away and I dont want to do the same. I want to be around to spend time with my grandkids which they didnt get to do. (I have none yet)

Jenny
12 years ago 0 168 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations! :) With each week it gets easier and easier. You're already over the worst.
12 years ago 0 11214 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congratulations Jenny,

You are through the toughest week and it sounds like you have a great attitude that will help you stay strong.  How are you going to hold onto this moment and this confidence when things get tough?

Ashley, Health Educator
12 years ago 0 9 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow I am so glad that week is over!! I really didnt think I was going to make it, but I am so glad I did.
I feel so good today,  almost like a new person.  I am sitting here drinking my second cup of coffee and enjoying the taste of it.  I think that is what has me so amazed right now is the taste of everything.
I know I will still have some bad days ahead but as of yesterday I know now I can do this.  I think I am very lucky I do have alot of support around me, and I am very thankful for that.

Jenny

Reading this thread: