Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,527 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

Had a Craving Today

12 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda,

I haven't been around in awhile but saw this and know exactly what your talking about.  Its been over three years for me and every once and awhile it just pops up, for no reason, and then its gone.  Or I will be doing something and it will pop in my head " I should run and have a cig quick"?  What, where did that come from.  I am glad they disappear, but I think we will deal with it forever.  But WE CAN, so no problems.

Kelly
13 years ago 0 1843 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Brenda, so glad you told the nicodemon he no longer is part of your life!  He hoped to find a weak moment, but all of your working out allowed you to be strong and tell him that you will not let him sneak back into your life!
13 years ago 0 206 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Speaking only for myself, I have always been a HUGE fan of second-hand smoke.  Talk about vicarious pleasure!  But now I know better, and again, speaking only for myself, I will definitely avoid it.  I'mm having enough trouble keeping myself on track without giving that cursed addiction a toe-hold.
peteg
13 years ago 0 823 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Wow Brenda!  You're smart to acknowledge that craving and find a way to deflect it.  It was a craving out of the blue that derailed my 3 yr Quit last time - after which it took me 3 more yrs closet smoking  to get back to this successful (fledgling) Quit!  Thank you for posting this as a reminder!  
BTW- do you (or anyone? health educators?) think that 2nd hand smoke could affect our Quits?  Am beginning to wonder if I'm picking up nic from other smokers, and this is prolonging my symptoms or contributing to cravings? i.e. Was there someone smoking at that bus stop?? 
13 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Admitting that it still lingers is hard!

Laughing it off and moving forward is the smart move!

Brenda,

You have come a long way and have accomplished so much!

Kudos!

Josie, Health Educator
13 years ago 0 1904 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Went out early to do my grocery shopping. As I was standing at a bus stop waiting for a bus to ride home, I started craving a little--wanted to smoke while I was waiting. It did pass after about a minute or two. I now seem to get hit by a raving about once every three months. They're usually light enough to cause me to think about what it is that I want, but still sneaky nd powerful nonetheless.

Reading this thread: