Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

not enough much activity and locked threads

16 years ago 0 107 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thank you Bonnie!!  My hubby and I were talking about those "things" we as smokers always had to do or worry about or think about, just last night.  I think I'll print out your post and share it with him tonight and add those things to our list of things we are SO grateful and glad we don't have to do anymore!

:)

Jen

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 5/5/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 37
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 740
Amount Saved: $185.00
Life Gained:
Days: 3 Hrs: 3 Mins: 7 Seconds: 51

16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Congrats on your one week.   I don't get here quite as often..    I am not thinking of smoking so much.. and I try to return to give back.. support.  

I am a volunteer on a stroke support site as well.. Don't forget to reward yourself for your milestones.. it is important especially in the beginning.  and tell others.. get as much positive feed back as you can.

My quit meter was a HUGE incentive for me ...    The morning I began my quit, we received the news that my mother in law has lung cancer...  Wow was there a huge debate in my mind... nd the junkie talking.   Well I decided it is NOW or Never.   will Dedicate this quit to her"     so here I am 122 days into a Quit... I used chantix for about 60 days.

What helps to keep me focused on this quit..  I DO NOT want to ever repeat those 30 days   The crves were not that bad.. my mind was lost in space...  I almot walked into a huge glass window... and if i wasn't for gravity I dont think the right end would have been up...LOL       also I had a lot of GI and intestinal problems.. which happens when quitting anway..

so NOW i remind myself  I am the ONE in control.. I do not worry about having a pack with me, enough to get me through the day, some place to get off away to smoke, where to put the butt... jumping around trying to get rid of the smoke smell.. and goin back... thinking that NO one knew what I was doing... spraying air freshner and a mouth full of mints..

I can do yard work , vacuuming and even walking.. without getting totally winded and sweatty.

The dogs are not sneezing.. and the wheeze I was developig when going to sleep is gone.  I have a minimum of 40.00 a week to spend or save..  I am not butning 40.00 one dollar bills,  or eight 5.00 or four 10's   gone in puffs of smoke.. and all I got was a body full of poisionous/noxious chemicals..     for my rewards... we adopted a 9 yr old calico cat/ paid her vet bill and I bought a new lap top.....   I haven't had to empty dirty reeking ashtrays in my home and car, vacuum and wipe up little piles of ashes.. throw any new clothes awaay from a dropped ash.      and I get compliments on how nice my hair smells....

Think Posiive...  Atitude and Seeing without looking through a FOG  mkes a HUGE difference

N O P E

Bonnie   122 days... and going strong

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 2/10/2008
Smoke-Free Days: 122
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 2,074
Amount Saved: $414.80
Life Gained:
Days: 17 Hrs: 12 Mins: 37 Seconds: 22

16 years ago 0 649 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
hi mrlucky

Yeah, it has been pretty quiet here for the last week or so.  the summer weather must have people outside instead of on the puter.  Every now and then, since i've been here, the mods will step in when they feel the discussions are getting too personal and or hurtful.   

As for you, congrats on week 1 and I hope that this is the quit that sticks for you.  Even without as much activity as usual, holler if you need a hand and I'm sure someone will be along asap.  I'll check in on your threads whenever I can get here.

moss

My Milage:

My Quit Date: 11/19/2007
Smoke-Free Days: 205
Cigarettes Not Smoked: 3,075
Amount Saved: $691.88
Life Gained:
Days: 33 Hrs: 0 Mins: 24 Seconds: 8

Reading this thread: