Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,526 Members

Please welcome our newest members: eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH

A reminder to myself

16 years ago 0 311 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Diane, I don't think you are crazy, and I have known several people who quit like that, as sort of a test of their decision to quit. One old guy I knew said he didn't want to not smoke because he didn't have any, he wanted to not smoke because he chose to not smoke. That makes rational sense, but I'm not rational when it comes to this addiction. So I couldn't do it, but I think that he proved that it can be done that way. I'm just sayin, every quit is different and if it works, more power to you. Just remember we are here if you need help. And if that pack starts calling your name, crush and stomp and drown the whole thing, not just one. Then "bury" them in a box of some sort, in the outside garbage can on collection day, with all due pomp and circumstance. There, done, finished, and won't go back there. Hugs, Denise [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/9/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 91 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $455.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 11 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 51 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
16 years ago 0 1153 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Diane, Congratulations on day 12 and thanks for giving us an update. Keep your list of reasons for quitting close to you as a constant reminder when you are craving. Use the 4 D's (Drink Water, Deep Breathe, Delay and Distract) to help you through the cravings and take advantage of the support that is available to you. For some quitters just the thought of having cigarettes near them is an instant trigger while for other it may help to reduce the anxiety associated with cravings - Just don't smoke one! and get rid of them as soon as you get your cravings under control. Stay strong. Brenna, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 2778 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi there Diane!!! I know that Terry is crazy, but you may take the cake!!! ;p In your first post last week you stated that one reason you decided to quit was the cost of the cancer sticks!!! And you intentionally go out and spend your money on another pack??? On top of the cost of the Chantix??? Yup, crazy woman!!! What I would do if I were you is get on here and stay on here until your cravings subside!!! You basically disappeared since last week!!! At the beginning of my quit, I was on here daily talking with other quitters, supporting others and generally trying to maintain a positive mental attitude! I may have sounded like a tough SOB, but in reality, my guts were really wound up!!! My saving grace was this site!!! I got on, read posts, replied with encouragement and eventually my bad cravings subsided and I was able to carry on once again!!! Ok, so I wasn't the most productive guy at work and at home, but I knew that I had to do something to protect my quit!!! My recommendation to you would be to pull out one of those killing cancer sticks every time you have a craving and crush the damn thing to dust and flush it down the toilet!!! Each time, tell that nico-demon that you are stronger and that it is no longer going to control your life!!! You have to be positive and strong!!! After each craving and butt crushing, get on here and post and let that crave subside!!! I'm hoping that you do this and are rid of those tempting cigarettes as soon as possible!!! We're here for you and you CAN do this!!! Get rid of that temptation soon!!! Jim [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/5/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 35 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 875 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $144.38 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 37 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$44,280.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 1059 Hours: 17

Minutes: 42 Seconds: 11

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

16 years ago 0 447 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ha, you wanna see crazy woman. You are looking at one. Mix quitting smoking and menapause and that's what you get. Glad you are not smoking. Keep posting, we are here to help and to listen to crazy women! Ha ha Terry [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/17/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 52 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 520 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $78.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 49 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sorry, didn't realize my smoke meter was off. Hope I fixed it! :gasp: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]3/28/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 12 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 240 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 14 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 17
16 years ago 0 7 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I tend to get lost in the daily stuff and I forget about all the support out here for me. Quiting is very new to me. In 40+ years of smoking, I only quit once, for 6 months. I'm not use to the change here. So...I forget that I can get on the PC and talk to others in the same boat. My cravings are really bad at times, and sometimes they tend to last an hour or so...those get rough! My husband has quit also and he says he hardly gets any cravings (we quit at the same time) When I was out the other day, I bought a pack of cigarette's. This may sound like a con, but the fact that I have cigarettes here, make it easier on me. I know that if I want a cigarette, it is my choice.I have them and am more then welcome to smoke if thats what I want. Well thanks for listening to the ranting of a crazy woman! :confuse:

Reading this thread: