Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-20 2:48 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.755 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,645 Members

Please welcome our newest members: ASHAINE, EFAJARDO, MMAGTARAYO, JARCA, JCONOPIO

Walking Away

16 years ago 0 967 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
My first month on Chantix I was very tired all the time, but my body seemed to adjust after awhile. I take it with an empty stomach now, it doesn't even bother me. I actually am weening myself off, 1 pill only in the am, my doc thought that was best, to buy an extra month just to ween myself off, even if it was just physchological...that can be the worst. Congratulations on walking away, it always feels good when you are in control, not the other way around. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 68 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,040 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $255.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
16 years ago 0 222 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Morning Bi, I am on Champix also,Like that at first I found I was very tired and disorientated couldn't quite get a handle on anything but it has settled down now some day's are much better than others. I do know that not smoking has improved my health immmensely it's been a long time since I have felt this well. So well done for thaking the plunge it's hard I know but keep going come here every day you will get loads of help you will meet loads of friends just dying to help you I did. (good luck) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/2/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,230 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �448.95 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
16 years ago 0 1209 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I'm on Chantix, started the 1 mg tablets 2 times a day. My official quit day was today.. but actually last puff" was sunday 2/10 at noon. First few days on chantix I was a little more tired. Today.. not sure if it was Chantix.. no nicotine or tyring to keep busy. I cleaned out our closet and have 3 bags of clothes for Good will. I hope this energy stays....lol Good girl ... walk away... I had urges today, but kept giving myslef a pep talk.. and coming to the site.. seeing stats.. and sayinf wow 60 days. 200 days.. 2 yrs.. 4 yrs. I can do this too. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/11/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 10 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1.58 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 43 [B]Seconds:[/B] 23
16 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ginette, Do not allow yourself any more of those "little slips". they will only make it harder to stay quit. In my opinion, no slip is a little slip. I've been on the merry go round many times. It is not worth it. You did good, girl...walking away. Remember, DELAY, DISTRACT, AVOID, or LEAVE the situation. NOPE; not one puff ever. new me [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]5/26/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 262 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 6,288 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,310.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 36 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 58 [B]Seconds:[/B] 43
16 years ago 0 1288 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ginette, Thanks for stopping by and checking in! When you were at the coffee shop, it probably sparked a trigger. If you could avoid coffee shops for a little bit, it may be best. You could also try substituting coffee with tea or hot chocolate. If you feel like your symptoms are bothersome, you should speak to your doctor or pharmacist when possible. Best of luck, Sylvie, Bilingual Health Educator
16 years ago 0 141 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Ginette I'm pretty new at quitting so I don't know if what I'm suggesting is right. It's only my opinion. I think that during our early quit days we crave nicotine with physical and emotional withdrawal symptoms - those intense craves. Maybe what you're experiencing is the re-surfacing of the old habit. You mentioned that you weren't really craving but felt the urge to buy a cigarette from someone. Could that be the dying stages of habit? I'm so happy that you didn't act on those thoughts of smoking! You can smile in knowing that you are still smoke free! :) Good for you! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]2/3/2008 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 200 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 2 [B]Seconds:[/B] 39
16 years ago 0 2417 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Ginette, I do not have the answer to your question but I do want to congratulate you on being so strong!!! At-a-girl! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]1/8/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 395 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,925 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1,659.00 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 37 [B]Hrs:[/B] 13 [B]Mins:[/B] 18 [B]Seconds:[/B] 15
16 years ago 0 251 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi everybody Haven't been on here for a while now. Anyway, I'm doing good. I'm on Champix again and this time it's working really good. I went to the coffee shop this afternoon and I had a strange urge to buy a cigarette from somebody there. It really wasn't a craving per se...just a funny urge. But instead I finished my coffee and walked away. That's what I have to keep on doing. I'm on my 5th week of Champix and since Dec. 9/07 I've had a few little slips. So far the Champix is working good, a lot better than the patch for me. I've been sleeping a lot since I'm on the Champix. Has anybody experienced the same thing as me? Ginette [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B]12/9/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 60 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,100 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $928.20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
  • Quit Meter

$56,724.50

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 783 Hours: 2

Minutes: 39 Seconds: 16

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: