Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,622 Members

Please welcome our newest members: SJOLINE GEL, Duncan Brown, BBEA ANGELIC, HMAZO, MLISING

Frustration and Craving

17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daisy I know that you don't want to smoke, you know that you will feel terrible if you do...Just hold on and remember that a cigarette changes nothing...That is one of the biggest junkie lies going...It only changes your perceptions for the a brief time...And then will demand that you repeat the behavior over and over again, until your body and mind are in jeopardy...Hold on tightly, YOU CAN DO THIS... nonic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 108 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,611 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $756 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 20 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 14
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daisy, You can and will get through this. Just think tomorrow you will be smoke free for a whole month! It helps me not to think of giving up smoking for the rest of my life, just for the next 5 minutes, then the next 5 minutes and so on. Each craving will come and go wether you smoke or not- let's make it NOT! Hang in there, we are all rooting for you! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 474 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 35 [B]Seconds:[/B] 48
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daisy, This can be tough! Make sure you relax your body as it is going through many changes and healing. Reward yourself for 30 days and see that you are doing this. Push forward and persevere through those bad days. Post often and let us guide you on this positive path :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 1000 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Daisy, Congratulation on not lighting up last not. I just keep telling myself this too shall pass. Also great job on 30 day keep going ;) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 21 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 430 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $136.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 54 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi this is Daisy, again. This is the first time I post/write on this site. The support is amazing. You all brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for responding and supporting and helping me move on. And yes, I find the milage meter great. I am always so suprised to see how many cigarettes I did NOT smoke!!!!
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang on Daisy SCREAM, STOMP YOU FEET, HIT A PILLOW, THROW SOME OLD DISHES AND BREAK THEM, any thing that will help. I choose to cry my eyes out one night when I was like that. It all helps and it does get better, really it does. We are all here for you so let us know what we can do to help you. You can do this!!!! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,036 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 6
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Daisy - It's really hard sometimes isn't it?! I'm just so glad to hear that you're not making a tough life phase worse by smoking! I hope your Quit Meter is as inspiring to you as it is to the rest of us. Just think, you've said [color=Red]NO![/color] to 701 cigarettes, you've saved close to $300 dollars, and you've gained over 3 days to your lifespan! That's impressive stuff! [color=Orange]Congratulations on 1 month smoke-free!!![/color] Keep reading and keep posting - we're all in this together! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,626 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $299 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 21 [B]Mins:[/B] 50 [B]Seconds:[/B] 3
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,650.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5542 Hours: 0

Minutes: 55 Seconds: 48

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 2436 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Daisy - Hold on very tight, you can do this! Stress will always be there, my friend. Make sure that there's nothing in the house to light up... Many blessings - you are doing beautifully! Healer [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 402 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 14,086 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1869.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 52 [B]Hrs:[/B] 15 [B]Mins:[/B] 8 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 3875 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're right Daisy, there's ups and downs as there are for most areas of living. Being prepared is very helpful! Keep on going! Smoking is not an option! NOPE :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 37 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 936 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $390.35 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 34 [B]Seconds:[/B] 27
17 years ago 0 2 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I had a very bad evening last night. I almost lit up. I have been feeling frustrated for the past 4 to 5 days because of work and home situations. Last night I almost gave up, and lit up, but I didn't and today I am glad I didn't.Although some phases are difficult!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/12/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 30 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 701 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $285 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 0 Hours: 0

Minutes: 0 Seconds: 0

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Reading this thread: