Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,498 Members

Please welcome our newest members: Fwcl, anonymeLouise, RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA

Day Four

17 years ago 0 1543 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dawya, Better to use your NRT then to fail a quit. Do what you body tells you. I used the nicorette gum. This week I have only had 1 piece a day...and to be truthful I think I could have quit the gum. I am going at it real slow. It seems to be working. Actually....now that I think about it I think I will go to a half piece for that one hard time a day. (getting out of work). I will do that for a bit and then keep a few pieces in my purse and dresser drawer as a security blanket if something ever got hard for some reason. You are doing GREAT!!! Especially you are in the hard week. I am proud of you Mercy [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/21/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 80 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,615 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $357.6 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 23 [B]Seconds:[/B] 31
17 years ago 0 357 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Dawya, Congratulations on making it through those first few days- before you know it hell week will be over! I found in those early days it was easier for me to spend most of my free time on this site- a computer screen doesn't care if you're having mood swings!! We are here for you! Dupe [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/11/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 474 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $99.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 9
17 years ago 0 948 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You are doing fantastic. Keep up the good work! And remember to reward yourself for your accomplishments! :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 41 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,035 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $205 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 21 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
dawya, Great work! Use relaxation techniques everyday to calm you and give your body the rest it needs. It is in the process of healing and needs time. Have your coping mechanisms with you and use them to push those craves away. Post often and let us know if you are having any concerns. Josie _______________________ The SSC Support Team.
17 years ago 0 848 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Keep hanging in there. Remember this quit is yours and yours alone and DO NOT let your husband tempt you into smoking. He must be under a lot of pressure now - he prob knows that if you are successful, then he should probably quit too ... and that is scary for most smokers until they are ready to quit. Stay positive and be an example for him! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 3/29/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 13 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 160 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $53.04 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
  • Quit Meter

$119,531.30

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6400 Hours: 22

Minutes: 7 Seconds: 47

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Mate Dont rush to get off the patch plenty of time....... Phil xx [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 246 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 5,414 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1291.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 49 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 59
17 years ago 0 30 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Well day four wasn't too bad, I have cut back on the patch to about 7mg. a few craving and mood swings but all in all not a bad day. Now my husband wishes I would just smoke :eg: but I will make it he will just have to be more suported and stay out of my way. LOL [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 4/7/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 4 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 80 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $20 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 41

Reading this thread: