Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Mother's Day is coming in a few weeks!

AABBYGAIL RUTH

2024-05-15 10:52 PM

Depression Community

logo

Addiction

Lynn123

2024-05-15 9:17 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

Challenging Worry - Worry Time

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-14 3:33 PM

Depression Community

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 5:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.753 posts in 47.056 threads.

160,634 Members

Please welcome our newest members: CuppaJo, GCAJULAO, RPABIA, TEBON, SJOLINE GEL

going crazy after all this time

17 years ago 0 42 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Help today my anxiety levels are peaking for some reason after all theis time with no smokeI still feel the need to puff constantly bothering me. People aropund me all smoke but I won't Phew just needed to get that off my chest or brain as you would have it. Thanks for listening once again.I just need a break from this constant craving for a smoke anyone got any suggestions. :eg: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 58 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 584 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $580 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 10 [B]Hrs:[/B] 16 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 58
17 years ago 0 1150 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You're at a great point - 58 days. Is your bag of coping skills adequate for this stage of your quit? Where would you say you're at? You're past the immediate day in day out physical craving. Now you've got a nagging pull. Maybe get a new bag of trix (coping mechanisms) or add to your old one. What else can you do to internalize the notion of yourself as a NON-SMOKER? I'm only a little ahead of you. Yeah, I think about it A LOT. But I'm not gonna. When I hear those conversations in my head I know that Ol'Nic can be very charming. I tell myself that as long as I'm able to recognize those conversations for what they are, then I'm OK. They have nothing to do with whatever content is discussed "bad day, time on my hands, etc.etc.". Rather they have everything to do with an addiction trying to get a foot in the door. S-L-A-M! (period). PROTECT YOUR QUIT, you're the only one who can. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/29/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 66 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 665 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $330 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 27 [B]Seconds:[/B] 2
17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Den, What are you doing to combat this? You can also check with your doctor to rule out anything medical. Get yourself busy and keep going, push those craves away and focus on you :) Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: