Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.749 posts in 47.054 threads.

160,525 Members

Please welcome our newest members: PearlCat19, mima, FrannyLou, AABBYGAIL RUTH, ALAICA

EMOTIONAL DAY

17 years ago 0 19 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
OMG......I am sorry emotionally drained no motivation at all right now....This is my 1st day, but last night I had a major fight with a friend lets just say I am pretty much feeling like I ended a relationship in which that what I did last night....So because I am so drained to a point I do want a cigg, but I am not craving I just want it to get the blood flowing to have more energy.....K I have ramble on enough for now....I will be back later to check in with ya all and report how it is going.....
17 years ago 0 969 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cali, So sorry you are having one of 'those' days. It's been an emotional one for me also. It's 24 hours later, how are you doing? If you can find Freemom I know where you can get some girl scout cookies. What's your pleasure? Let us hear from you, we'll help! Mom [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 15 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 476 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $72.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 4 [B]Mins:[/B] 28 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 932 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cali, Wow, you've already received some great posts full of the best support. I can't even add to what has already been said accept to say that you're doing a great job on your quit and we're all here for you. Hugs, Tutti [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/18/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 11 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 527 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $33 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 48 [B]Seconds:[/B] 25
17 years ago 0 247 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You had a pretty rough night. So sorry to hear that. I hope things are better now. Don't cave no matter what. Breath deep and try to keep busy. Keep your mind busy also. Think about good things or something to do around the house.Stay here and keep posting. We will help as much as we can. It is good to vent your anger and get it out of your system. You can try an old trick of mine from quitting a couple years ago. Put a rubberband around your wrist and everytime you think of smoking snap it. It always helped me. Jnine [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/14/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 46 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 939 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $126.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 6 [B]Hrs:[/B] 3 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 984 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there cali, the emotions for me have been an absolute horror as well (see the saga post!) so I feel (some of) your pain. Just remember that smoking just masks what you're feeling and muddies your thoughts. It won't resolve things no matter what the junkie thinking is telling you. Get some rest, pamper yourself, be strong. If it takes falling asleep to do that, then by all means, I'm keeping you up, get nappin! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/1/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,376 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �324.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 5 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 52 [B]Seconds:[/B] 35
17 years ago 0 813 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cali You are in a very pivitol place at this time. You can either learn how to beat this thing or you can continue the old ways...Don't forget that smoking tells the body to dump stored sugars (glucose) in the blood stream...This is how you get the "energy"...but it is a very inefficient, shortlived and harmful way of giving your system a jump...Remember to eat well...drink juice, and eat fruit...It will take time for the glucose to reach your blood stream, but in the long run you will not die from smoking (seems like a good trade off to me)...It takes about 20 minutes for your system to digest food, that is because it is your parasympathetic system that does the work (you have no control over this part of your nervous system)... You will be tired because you are concentrating on quitting and it takes alot of energy...You will be handling your emotions, perhaps for the first time in a long long time in a different way...This can be unsettling to say the least...Walk through all of this my friend with a steely resolve that says I am going to do this no matter what and eventually little by little, you will leave this addiction behind...Learn all you can about the physiology of smoking and what it does to us and you will be in a much better position to deal with the awful feelings and emotional traumas that effect us as we recover. Be easy with yourself and perhaps you should tell your friend that you are going through a lot right now and they should not take your actions at this moment to be representative of your true feelings... Hang in there YOU CAN DO THIS nonic
17 years ago 0 243 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
One step at a time. View your emotional day as a REALLY important step in your quit. You get through the first emotional day, at the end of it you are very VERY proud and next time and emotional day comes around, you are much more confident about your ability to deal with it. So, by the end of today, think how much better you are going to feel because you will have proved something major to yourself. Picture exactly how wonderful that is going to make you feel. And then plan a reward for when you get to the end of your day. (I stick a sticker on a chart for each day I get through. Works for me! lol. or sometimes a hot chocolate and a good book.) Stay strong. This is an important milestone you are working through. S [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 12/10/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 81 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 2,858 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �486 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 26
17 years ago 0 1155 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Cali - I'm sorry to hear about the fight with your friend. You said that you're not craving now, just want to "get the blood flowing...have more energy". Nicotine is a stimulant, so it will give you a temporary bit of energy, but then you'll crash again. However, the smoke fills & clogs your lungs - less oxygen gets in when you breath - this zaps your energy. And, the smoke has carbon monoxide which is poison...poison can't be good for energy... ;) So, here are some things you might want to do instead... *Go for a brisk walk *Take a shower *Drink a glass of OJ (something with Vitamin C) *Splash cool water on your face *Eat a banana *Do some yoga or stretching *Keep writing & reading posts here You CAN be smoke-free today! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/24/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 5 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 138 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $32.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 6 [B]Seconds:[/B] 20
  • Quit Meter

$1,135,325.00

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 5540 Hours: 10

Minutes: 14 Seconds: 56

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Take this day five minutes at a time. For five minutes you don't smoke. Push all those negative thoughts to the side and refuse to even entertain them for the next few weeks. Quitting is difficult but you can do it. One step at a time. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 608 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 12,171 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $2128 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 54 [B]Hrs:[/B] 22 [B]Mins:[/B] 30 [B]Seconds:[/B] 46

Reading this thread: