Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

logo

Addiction

2024-04-08 3:54 PM

Managing Drinking Community

logo

New Year's Resolutions

2024-03-25 2:47 AM

Managing Drinking Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.748 posts in 47.053 threads.

160,490 Members

Please welcome our newest members: RDANIELA NICOLE, Lfr, CPADUA, DSHAIRRA PE, CLOVELY GRACE

TV Junkie

17 years ago 0 115 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
That is funny. I also love ER from the beginning. I have the telephone trigger and now hate to know the telephones for me. That's a weird one I have to work on. Good Luck! Also Good Luck with your pup. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/5/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 274 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $38.75 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 1 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 47 [B]Seconds:[/B] 54
17 years ago 0 28 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
kygirl613, ya the telephone gets me too....I notice now when I am on the phone I pace. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 7 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
Phil, E.R. is a TV show. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 10 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 188 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $41 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 20 [B]Mins:[/B] 9 [B]Seconds:[/B] 24
I have been doing quite well, either due to my own resolve or chantix...(probably a bit of both). But this I find so peculiar and humorous I had to share. There have only been two times during my short quit that I have really craved a cigarette. Like I really found the thought very appealing. The rest of the time, I basically just don't really even think of it. So those two times have been on Thursday night. Last Thursday it was right as E.R. was starting, and tonight it was right after E.R. ended. I am a self proclaimed E.R. junkie....I love that show. So I am assuming I get very excited, and it triggers it for me????? Anyway....thought it was really funny in a peculiar way... Now I have go take care of my little puppy, poor thing...she got spayed today and you can just tell she is hurting. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 2/6/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 9 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 179 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $36.9 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 19 [B]Mins:[/B] 14 [B]Seconds:[/B] 57
17 years ago 0 925 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hi Pea, Danielle has requested that we keep our posts smoking related and rightfully so ;). I can only tell you that when I'm watching some television shows, I have no desire to smoke, while others can cause cravings. :gasp: Hruummmmpppphhhh, men...nothing personal to any one of our wonderful guys here at SSC, as they are all so supportive...but I can understand how your boyfriend's attitude may be affecting you. I had a friend going through something similar, and eventually he had a "headremovedfrombuttectomy" operation and is now helping my friend in her quit. At least your boyfriend is quitting with you, so that's very encouraging any I hope eventually you two can work to help each other. I think you must try to separate your quit from his right now and do everything you can to protect your quit. There are bound to be a few sparks, I think when two addicts are qitting at the same time :8o: but try to be patient with him and yourself. Remember he is going through his own healing and may not be able to give you as much encouragment as he'd like to right now. Use all your coping skills including watching tv to get through the rough beginning bits, and know it does and will get easier for both of you. Hope this helps....come over to visit us...maybe a bit of humour will help brighten your day! We do have one visitor who is foreign and speaks with an accent. I will have to watch more tv, we have a big screen on the Magic Ship where we can go to relax. Please bring your doggy (and the wisperer if you must) as we are lacking a mascot! Pat :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 20 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 820 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $280 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 9 [B]Mins:[/B] 26 [B]Seconds:[/B] 37
  • Quit Meter

$120,902.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 962 Hours: 23

Minutes: 11 Seconds: 44

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Pea, ER is great! Maybe it's the crisis atmosphere setting off your cravings. Or hee hee, it could just be Luka? ;p Pat [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 770 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 1 [B]Seconds:[/B] 19
  • Quit Meter

$120,902.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

Pea, Well now that we've established that Luka is probably the problem (cover Phils ears) because he's got that kind of image that can contribute to a craving :) (especially if he's on the phone). (uncover Phils ears) Now you can be ready to beat the craves next week by being prepared with some kind of distraction. I recommentd strawberry licorice at times like these ;p Abby was a smoker on the show....no doubt it may have something to do with bad skin...hope she's not smoking in real life. Keep up the good quit! Pat PS Been watching from the very first episode, still miss George :confuse: [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 1/28/2007 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 19 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 788 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $266 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 7 [B]Mins:[/B] 12 [B]Seconds:[/B] 22
  • Quit Meter

$120,902.40

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 3908 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Tell all Waht the heck is ER? Phil x [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 192 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,039 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �1008 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 38 [B]Hrs:[/B] 11 [B]Mins:[/B] 15 [B]Seconds:[/B] 50
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
HAHA! Poor Phil....sometimes ya gotta draw him a picture...... Phil: Is ER not on TV in the UK? Pea: Ya gotta love the cultural differences on this site and we run into it quite frequently. There are people from the UK, US and Canada daily, but sometimes we have members from France, Africa, South America, Greece, etc.... It's what makes this place so interesting and fun! Keep up the good quit. :) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 161 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 8,077 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1288 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 36 [B]Seconds:[/B] 30
17 years ago 0 8760 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Pea, Yes, it could be the feelings of excitement or suspense that are causing you to crave. Just as any other craving, try a substitution to keep your mouth occupied. Kygirl, If you smoked a lot while you were on the phone it may have reinforced that behavior. Now that you've quit, talking on the phone isn't as much fun. You are also fairly early in your quit and our attention spans are a little shorter after we first quit. To all members, This thread has gotten a little off topic. I love ER too but we must remain focused on smoking cessation. I will be editing this thread to reflect this. Thank you for your co-operation. :) Danielle _______________________ The SSC Support Team

Reading this thread: