Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Emergency Happy Questions

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-06-11 2:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Questions to challenge negativity

2024-06-03 3:43 PM

Depression Community

logo

Social anxiety disorder

2024-05-29 1:50 PM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Most Loved

Browse through 411.758 posts in 47.059 threads.

160,770 Members

Please welcome our newest members: MereM, browcari, Cas151, Britanica78, m_ladyschoolme

3rd time lucky

17 years ago 0 290 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Right on super!...get back on the horse! I am proud of you! Yeah I would definitly NOT beat yourself up over A cig...It is an impressive show that you reset your quit meter. We are all rootin' for ya!! Stay strong friend..YOU CAN DO IT!--Kevin [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/7/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 22 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 459 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $101.2 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 3 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 10 [B]Seconds:[/B] 10
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
No beating around the bush,i had a cigarette yesterday after 8 days smoke free.Im not going to offer any excuse,just that i didnt prepare for coping as well as i should have. The last month has beeen a real learning curve for me,not just about nicotine addiction but about me as well.Im not going to beat myself up about it because it is just a waste of energy so i am here today to start again.I know it can be done because i see the stats on this site from some truly remarkable people who have done it. I didnt really realise how cigs controlled every facet of my life until the last month and basically i want my life back.I know its going to be hard and i will need to prepare myself better, so for however long it takes i am going to put all my energy into becoming who i want to be. Im going to take pride in the fact that i can beat this addiction and set an example for my friends, family & co-workers that it can be done.Right at this moment i feel scared,nervous,apprehensive but most importantly i feel ecstacy because i know when i beat this i will lead a more productive,enjoyable life. This is an amazing site where you can get help and help others and you all should be congratulated for having the conviction to improve your lives.My journey starts from now and i swear this time i am not going to look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 58 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Gday Kev Bloody oath I CAN DO IT !! Ive learnt a hell of a lot over the last month that i feel i am now in a position to cope with any crave that happens to come my way. You seem to be watchin over me too Dunedad which is a good thing Cheers Super [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/30/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 0 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 0 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $0 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 0 [B]Mins:[/B] 0 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 598 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super wrote: "I'm going to take pride in the fact that I can beat this addiction and set an example for my friends, family & co-workers that it can be done." Yeah, you CAN do it, mate! Just see yourself as jumping into the "river of no return" and swim with the flow. Its strong current will eventually take you there, to the ocean of freedom from cigarette smoking! :) Cheers, nmc (a fifth time quitter) [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 8/25/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 96 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 968 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $480 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 17 [B]Hrs:[/B] 23 [B]Mins:[/B] 55 [B]Seconds:[/B] 32
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Oh well...we've all done it...and I got the scars to prove it (from stumbling and falling). Glad to hear you have reaffirmed yourself to your quit! KTQ! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 9/8/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 82 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 4,144 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $656 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 8 [B]Hrs:[/B] 12 [B]Mins:[/B] 41 [B]Seconds:[/B] 0
17 years ago 0 1306 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
There is no doubt about it. Quitting and then starting, qutting & starting, quitting & starting - it's even harder than quitting. SO STOP DOING IT!!!!!. I have been very good at doing the same thing and Yes you need to get some different tools in order, RIGHT NOW!!! No looking back. You know how it works - no smoking. Stop listening to the Junkie. WE need to talk! We are in the same boat. There is a few of us here this November. Let's do this together. Come see me in the Rookery. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 11/26/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 3 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 74 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $34.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 8 [B]Mins:[/B] 42 [B]Seconds:[/B] 51
  • Quit Meter

$330,706.95

Amount Saved

• Quit Meter

Days: 6032 Hours: 9

Minutes: 49 Seconds: 45

Life Gained

• Quit Meter

Smoke Free Days

• Quit Meter

Cigarettes Not Smoked

17 years ago 0 12049 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Super, Thanks for being honest and know that we are not here to beat up on you! Your determination is outstanding and we are glad that you come back to us. You seem to really want this so get in there and fight it! Right behind you! Keep Strong, Josie _____________________ The SSC Support Team.

Reading this thread: