Get the Support You Need

Learn from thousands of users who have made their way through our courses. Need help getting started? Watch this short video.

today's top discussions:

logo

Fibre

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-05-06 9:05 PM

Healthy Weight Community

logo

Challenging Worry

Ashley -> Health Educator

2024-04-20 11:42 PM

Depression Community

logo

Hello

Linda Q

2024-04-11 5:06 AM

Anxiety Community

This Month’s Leaders:

Most Supportive

Browse through 411.750 posts in 47.055 threads.

160,535 Members

Please welcome our newest members: BXAMUELLE CHRISTIEN, Heinz57, eggmegrolf, PearlCat19, mima

I am craving bad

17 years ago 0 22 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Valic - Don't look at this as a life changing event right now. When a craving hits - redirect your thought process for the next five minutes. Pull your mind away, get away from your desk, grab a drink of water, ask a co-worker what their weekend plans are, whatever - just get through the next five minutes. Deal with each craving on an individual basis and redirect. That's what helps me. That and talking to all of you. Good Luck!!!!! You CAN do this! "You are the MASTER of your fate!" cj
17 years ago 0 233 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Thanks so much! I just got some lifesavers out of the vending machine. Those are helping as well as the relaxation techniques. I can do this, (I hope!) N.O.P.E I will prolly be back after lunch thanks again to everyone! I feel a ton better knowing you are all behind me! Take care ~Valic [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 25 [B]Seconds:[/B] 44
17 years ago 0 233 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
I usually go for a smoke break around this time and its only my second day not smoking! One of my tools is to go outside for a walk around the building but its pouring rain and I can't go out. I am trying to focus on my breathing. Breathe in slow out through the mouth slow... If anyone has any suggestions for what do when you are at work when a craving hits I am all ears! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 1 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $5.3 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 0 [B]Hrs:[/B] 2 [B]Mins:[/B] 24 [B]Seconds:[/B] 8
17 years ago 0 772 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
You did the right thing, by POSTING and not smoking!!! Well done! This will get better, I know it can seem like you are going crazy = and at work that isnt great. I always tell people, I am quitting smoking. And they are fine about it. Smokers admire you, as they want to quit, and non smokers are wondering why it took you so long to do it. I kept a bag of murray mints and sugar free gum with water for the first week... but dont get too reliant on them. It will get less intense! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 6/12/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 31 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 788 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] �232.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 2 [B]Hrs:[/B] 18 [B]Mins:[/B] 40 [B]Seconds:[/B] 7
17 years ago 0 2838 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Sunflower seeds!!!! Satisfies that hand-to-mouth fixation and the shells that drop on the floor drive the janitor insane!
17 years ago 0 1070 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
Hang in there, your doing great! Get out of your office and do some stairs or walk the building! Just get out of there and get your mind on other things! This will pass! [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 5/15/2006 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 59 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 1,190 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $265.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 4 [B]Hrs:[/B] 5 [B]Mins:[/B] 39 [B]Seconds:[/B] 21
17 years ago 0 5195 logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo logo 0
valic... I sucked on peppermint, stop take a break and stretch, go to the bathroom and scream (only if no one will hear you), go get a drink of water, just move around and stay busy. Keep taking a lot of deep breaths and drink plenty of ice water. Remember N.O.P.E. Not One Puff Ever. That is how we all quit. As long as you don't light that next cigarette you've got it made. Every day is one day closer to never feeling this way again. Hang in there. You are doing great. [B]My Milage:[/B] [B]My Quit Date: [/B] 7/1/2005 [B]Smoke-Free Days:[/B] 377 [B]Cigarettes Not Smoked:[/B] 7,548 [B]Amount Saved:[/B] $1319.5 [B]Life Gained:[/B] [B]Days:[/B] 33 [B]Hrs:[/B] 6 [B]Mins:[/B] 19 [B]Seconds:[/B] 5

Reading this thread: